PHP Tutorial For Beginners and professional developers provides in-depth knowledge of PHP scripting language. This tutorial using PHP will help you to learn PHP scripting language easily.
What is PHP?
PHP is an open-source, interpreted and object oriented scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded in HTML.
Why We Use PHP?
PHP is a server side scripting language embedded in HTML. PHP is used to manage or create dynamic content, databases, session tracking, and even building e-commerce sites.
Advantages of PHP
- PHP is a recursive acronym for “PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor“.
- It is integrated with a number of popular databases, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Sybase, Informix and Microsoft SQL Server.
- PHP is pleasingly zippy in its execution, especially when compiled as an Apache module on the Unix side. The MySQL server once started, executes even very complex queries with huge result sets in recording setting-time.
- It supports a large number of major protocols such as POP3, IMAP and LDAP. PHP4 added support for java and distributed object architectures (COM and COBRA).
- PHP is forgiving: PHP language tries to be as forgiving as possible.
- PHP syntax is C-like.
- PHP is simple and easy to learn.
Important Characteristic’s Of PHP
Here are the 5 Important Characteristics of PHP Programming Language:
Hello World Using PHP
Here’s the example program on how to display “Hello World” using PHP Programming Language.
<html> <head> <title>Hello World</title> </head> <body> <?php echo "Hello, World!";?> </body> </html>
PHP is very popular programming language because it is so simple to learn and open-source.
What Can PHP Do?
- PHP can generate the dynamic page content.
- PHP can create, open, read, write, delete and close files on the server.
- PHP can collect form data.
- PHP can send and receive cookies.
- PHP can add, modify and delete data from your database.
- PHP can be used to control user access.
- PHP can encrypt data.
Nowadays, PHP is widely used in web development. PHP can easily develop dynamic web pages. But, you must have the basic knowledge of the following technologies for web development:
- XML and JSON
What This Tutorial Covers?
This PHP Tutorial, covers all the fundamental programming concepts, including data types, operators and using variables, generating outputs, structuring your code to make decisions on your programs or looping over the same block of code multiple times, creating and manipulating strings and arrays, defining and calling functions and etc.
If you are comfortable with the basics tutorial, you’ll be moving to the next level that explains the concept file system, session and cookies, dates and times, as well as how to send email from your script, handling and validating forms, perform data filtration and handling errors in PHP.
Finally, you’ll be exploring some advanced concepts like classes and objects, parsing JSON data, pattern matching with regular expressions, exception handling as well as how to use PHP to manipulate data in MySQL database and create useful features like registrations, log-in system and etc.
Here are the Other latest PHP Tutorials providing an example program for beginners who want to learn programming, especially PHP.
- Introduction To PHP Programming
- Setup PHP Development Environment
- PHP Basic Syntax
- PHP Variable Types
- Constants In PHP
- Types Of Operators In PHP
- Decision Making In PHP
- Types Of Loops In PHP
- PHP Arrays
- PHP String
- PHP Web Concepts
- GET and POST Method PHP
- File Inclusion In PHP
- PHP File IO
- PHP Function
- PHP Cookies
- PHP Session
- Send Email With PHP
- PHP File Upload
- PHP Coding Standards
This PHP Tutorial is designed for beginners who want to learn about PHP Programming. This PHP Tutorial can help a lot to familiarize the basic requirements before learning and proceeding to the advanced level of PHP Tutorials.
In this article, we have successfully discussed the PHP Tutorial for beginners and its importance, we learned What is PHP, Why We Use PHP, the Important Characteristics of PHP, its Features of PHP, and So on.
By the way, If you have any questions or suggestions about this article entitled PHP Tutorial For Beginners, please feel free to comment below. Thank You!
In the next topic, you will learn about the Introduction To PHP Programming, which you can learn with the help of examples.
1 thought on “PHP Tutorial For Beginners – Easy Learning In PHP”