The activity diagram example for library management system is a UML behavioral model. It shows the system’s behavior by presenting the flow of activities from one to another. The possible flow of activities can be in order, split, or continuous.
Library Management System Details of Activity Diagram
The table shows the project details of the library management system. It has the complete details of the project.
|Name:||Library Management System Activity Diagram|
|Abstract:||The Library Management System Activity Diagram represents the behavior of the project in terms of its activities. It contains the important details on the activities and constraints done in the project.|
|UML Diagram:||Activity Diagram|
|Users:||School Admin, Book Borrowers, and Librarian.|
|Tools Used:||Diagram tools that provide activity diagram symbols.|
Importance of Library Management System
The importance of the Library System Activity Diagram is that it enables interaction between developers and clients. This is done by helping them visualize the system’s functionality in various degrees of detail.
Activity Diagram Library Management System using Swimlanes
The Activity Diagram for Library System using Swimlanes is given to expound its ideas. This Activity Diagram using swim lanes is shown in different scenarios and is based on its users.
Activity Diagram (Librarian) – This illustration shows the activities and scenarios done when the librarian accesses the system. All the actions and decisions included are all emphasized here.
Activity Diagram (for Students) – This diagram now shows the series of scenarios while using the library system. It illustrates the activities or events that are done when the system is in use. The system design can show you the functions on the student side.
Draw the activity diagram example for library management system
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Steps in creating an Activity Diagram for Library Management System.
- Step 1: Familiarize Activity Diagram Symbols
First, Activity Diagram Symbols – are used to create an Activity Diagram which was presented here. Their symbols and applications must be familiarized before you build the Activity Diagram.
• Start – is the beginning of the action is symbolized by a filled circle. A dark circle represents the initial node.
• Action – is a stage of an activity in which users or software accomplish a certain task. Actions are represented by round-edged rectangles.
• Decision – represented by a diamond and is used to symbolize a conditional branch in the flow. It has two or more outputs and a single input.
• Swim Lanes – are the lanes drawn as boundaries, and the activities drawn in the same lane as the organization’s activities. Swim lanes must be arranged in a logical order.
• Activity Flow – is another name for the connectors in the diagram that illustrate the flow between processes (activity).
• End or Terminator – is the last phase of the activity. An indicated black circle represents the final node.
- Step 2: Determine the targeted users
Second, After the symbol familiarization, you’ll need to determine your targeted users. Your targeted users will be the ones to use your project.
- Step 3: Analyze the activities included
Third, analyzation is very important in creating an activity diagram. It will help you understand the work of the diagram and avoid unwanted errors.
- Step 4: Plot the Activity Diagram
Finally, to plot the activity diagram you will need the users, activities, decisions, and their flows (paths). You will base the flow of activities on the evaluated information to have the exact Activity Diagram.
You need to know the diagrams used to design and develop the Library Management System. This is due to the fact that without it, it is impossible to create a fully functional system.
But if you create this activity diagram, you will know the possible inputs and scenarios that the system should process and perform. Not only that, but you will identify the processes that are required and connect them to the other UML Diagrams.
- Library Management System UML Diagrams
- Component Diagram of Library Management System
- Deployment Diagram for Library Management System
- College Library Management System ER Diagram
- Library Management System DFD
If you have inquiries or suggestions about the Activity Diagram for the Library System, just leave us your comments below. We would be glad to hear your concerns and suggestions and be part of your learning.