Deployment Diagram for Hospital Management System
UML deployment diagram for hospital systems is able to define how the software and hardware work and where the processing takes place. The needed hardware and software specifications of the hospital system are visualized using deployment diagrams. It is one of the structural diagrams which describes the physical aspects of a real-world project.
The Deployment Diagram is a sort of UML model that depicts the hospital system’s execution architecture. It includes nodes such as hardware or software execution environments and their relationships. This shows included PCs and other devices for hardware, OS and applications for software, and TCP/IP and other connection forms for their connections.
Hospital Management System Deployment Diagram: Table of contents
- Deployment Diagram for Hospital Management System
- Deployment Diagram for Hospital Management System: Project Details
- Hospital Management System Deployment Diagram Description
- Deployment Diagram for Hospital Management System in UML
- Hospital Management System UML Deployment Diagram (Explanation)
- Elements used in Creating your Deployment Diagram
- Benefits of UML Deployment Diagram
- Recommended Articles from the Author:
Deployment Diagram for Hospital Management System: Project Details
The table shows the basic details of the deployment diagram of the hospital management system. It has quick description details of the project.
|Name:||Hospital Management System Deployment Diagram|
|Abstract:||The Hospital Management System Deployment Diagram represents the physical structure of the project. It reveals the software and hardware included in order for the hospital system to work correctly.|
|UML Diagram:||Deployment Diagram|
|Users:||Admin, Physicians, and Patients|
|Tools Used:||Diagraming Tools that have UML Deployment Diagram Symbols|
Hospital Management System Deployment Diagram Description
Deployment diagrams demonstrate how software and hardware communicate to ensure appropriate hospital management system operation. It properly explains how software interacts with hardware. They also help figure out which certain type of hardware uses software parts.
According to Guru99.com, the main aim of deployment diagrams is to describe how software is delivered into the hardware system. It depicts how software interacts with hardware to perform all of the functions. It’s a term that describes how software interacts with hardware and vice versa.
Deployment Diagram for Hospital Management System in UML
A deployment diagram for Hospital Management System in UML is used to illustrate its’ physical architecture. In UML, deployment diagrams can show you how the software and hardware of the hospital system work together and where the processing takes place.
Hospital Management System uses a UML deployment diagram to show how should the developed software be deployed. It clarifies the communications between links(nodes) which helps the project to work according to the design given to it. Deployment diagrams depict the setup of run-time processing nodes and the components that reside on them.
Deployment Diagram for Online Hospital Management System
The Deployment Diagram for Online Hospital Management System shows a detailed illustration of the system’s software and hardware specification. Additionally, it gives you the complete physical structure of the hospital management system that is needed in its deployment for its users.
It is important to create the deployment diagram to clarify the needs of the project before it will put into operation. This will help you avoid unnecessary difficulties that may encounter because of specification deficiency.
Hospital Management System UML Deployment Diagram (Explanation)
The hospital management system UML deployment diagram explains the sketch of the relationship between software and hardware. These hardware and software are labeled to clarify their part in the system’s operation. They were represented by nodes and the connections were represented by labeled arrows.
The deployment diagram shows the scenario when the system is deployed. It has 5 nodes represented with boxes and relationship connections. The nodes are the Admin’s Device containing the hospital management software, the webserver, the physician, and the patient device.
For the connection, the software is connected to the ISP which enables it to pass data to the webserver and then will be accessed by the patients thru browsers with the use of URLs. Then the physician can access the software with the use of a TCP/IP network and they can communicate with patients using ISP.
Deployment Diagram for Hospital Management System (PDF)
You may download the Deployment Diagram for Hospital Management System PDF by clicking the button below. It has the full details and discussion on Hospital System Deployment Diagram. You can also modify its content to complete your project requirements and needs.
Elements used in Creating your Deployment Diagram
Here are some elements used in creating your deployment diagram by Lucidchart. Deployment diagrams come in some shapes. Most of these things are shown in the graphic below, and this list gives you a general idea of what you might see.
- Artifact : A rectangle with the name and term “artifact” enclosed by two arrows represents a software-created product.
- Association : A message or other sort of communication between nodes is indicated by a line.
- Component : A rectangle with two tabs that indicate a software part is called a component.
- Dependency : A dashed line that ends in an arrow denotes the dependency of one node or component on another.
- Interface : A contract relationship is indicated by a circle. Those items that realize the interface are required to fulfill some sort of task.
- Node : A three-dimensional box represents a hardware or software object.
- Node as Container : This is a node that has another node within it, such as the nodes that contain components.
- Stereotype : A device housed within the node, displayed at the top of the node and flanked by two arrows.
Steps in creating Deployment Diagram for Hospital Management System
Time needed: 5 minutes
Here are the steps in creating the deployment diagram for Hospital Management System. In creating this deployment diagram, we used lucidchart.com
- Step 1: Open your Diagramming tool.
When you open the tool, you may see a blank page. It has several buttons at the top of the page and on the bottom. You can use any tool which will make you comfortable. It is up to you what diagram you want to use. You can draw it manually if you like.
You can use any diagramming tool as long as it provides the deployment diagram symbols or elements. These are the artifacts, association, component, dependency, interface, node, etc. This is to make your diagram complete and detailed.
You just have to search for the UML Deployment on the search bar of your tool which looks like this.
After that, pin the Deployment Diagram Shapes and Symbols to make it viewable in your workspace.
- Step 2: Finalize the Nodes (Software and Hardware)
The second step in creating your deployment diagram is finalizing the projects’ hardware and software specifications. Then you will plot them wisely, giving space for the arrows that will determine their connections. This step will look like this.
The nodes presented here simply show the possible hardware and software needed for a hospital system to operate. These nodes are composed of users’ devices (hardware) and applications (software).
The admin’s device holds the hospital system (software) and is held online to enable users to access the software online. The users that can access the system have their information uploaded to the server. It will serve as their qualifications to login into the system. The devices of the users are also considered nodes.
- Step 3: Map the Connections between Nodes
Finally, you will map the arrows that will emphasize the connections of nodes. These connections should be labeled to know the forms of the relationship used between nodes. The common connections are forms of Networking connections and others.
Benefits of UML Deployment Diagram
They visualize a system’s hardware processors/nodes/devices, communication linkages between them, and software file layout on that hardware.
- It aids in the visualization of the various aspects involved.
- Aids in a more accurate description of all the hardware elements used by software components.
- It clarifies the description of the runtime involved in processing nodes.
- Provides hardware specified details for a distributed application.
- Helps in modeling the system’s hardware topology.
- It aids in the modeling of inserted or included software.
- Provides more information on the hardware system.
- Reverse engineering is made easier using the UML deployment diagram.
The topology of the physical components of a system, where the software components are installed, is visualized using deployment diagrams. Deployment diagrams are used to depict a system’s static deployment view. Nodes and their relationships are depicted in deployment diagrams.
The Deployment Model shows how components will be distributed across the system architecture in detail. It contains information about network capabilities, server specifications, hardware requirements, and other aspects of the planned system’s deployment.
It is essential for you to know the diagrams used to design and develop the hospital management system. That is because you cannot perfectly create a fully-functional system without it. But if you create this deployment diagram, you will know the software and hardware components that the project should possess. Not only that, you will find out the needed specifications and connect them to the other UML Diagrams.
The deployment diagram is used to model the system’s physical architecture. It describes the connections of components between software and hardware system. By completing the Diagrams per module or per process, you will easily achieve your desired system. Check out our Related and Recommended Articles for more Learning and Information.
- Deployment Diagram for Online Shopping System
- Deployment Diagram for Library Management System
- Learning Management System Deployment Diagram
- Deployment Diagram for Banking System
- Deployment Diagram for Web Application
Recommended Articles from the Author:
- Hospital Management System Project Report
- Hospital Management System Project UML Diagrams
- Hospital Management System Class Diagram
- Hospital Management System Sequence Diagram
- Hospital Management System Activity Diagram
- Hospital Management System Use Case Diagram
- Hospital Management System DFD
If you have inquiries or suggestions about Deployment Diagram for Hospital Management System, just leave us your comments below. We would be glad to hear to concerns and suggestions and be part of your learning.
Keep us updated and Good day!