Deployment Diagram for Library Management System
The Deployment Diagram for Library Management System is the specification of software and hardware used to deploy the library system. It contains the details and design which will guide users on how the system works in reality. It consists of nodes such as the software itself, the users’ devices, and their connections.
A deployment diagram is a form of UML model used to describe the execution architecture of the Library System. It contains elements such as hardware, software, and the middleware that connects them. UML Deployment Diagram presents the system’s physical hardware and software.
Deployment Diagram for Library Management System: Table of contents
- Deployment Diagram for Library Management System
- Deployment Diagram for Library Management System: Project Details
- Library Management System Deployment Diagram Description
- Deployment Diagram for Library Management System in UML
- Library Management System UML Deployment Diagram (Explanation)
- Deployment Diagram for Library Management System PDF
- Elements used in Creating your Deployment Diagram
- Benefits of UML Deployment Diagram
- Recommended Articles from the Author:
Deployment Diagram for Library Management System: Project Details
The table shows the basic details of the deployment diagram of Library Management system. It has quick description details of the project.
|Name:||Library Management System Deployment Diagram|
|Abstract:||The Library Management System Deployment Diagram represents the physical structure of the project. It reveals the software and hardware included in order for Library System to work properly.|
|UML Diagram:||Deployment Diagram|
|Users:||Admin, Borrowers, and Librarian|
|Tools Used:||Diagraming Tools that have UML Deployment Diagram Symbols|
Library Management System Deployment Diagram Description
Deployment diagrams demonstrate how software and hardware communicate to ensure appropriate Library Management System operation. It properly explains how software interacts with hardware. They also help figure out which certain type of hardware uses software parts.
Library Management System uses a UML deployment diagram to show how should the developed software be deployed. It clarifies the communications between links(nodes) which helps the project to work according to the design given to it.
Deployment Diagram for Library Management System in UML
Deployment diagrams for Library Management System in UML are used to illustrate its’ physical architecture. In UML, deployment diagrams can show you how the software and hardware of the library system work together and where the processing takes place.
According to Guru99.com, the main aim of UML deployment diagrams is to describe how software is delivered into the hardware system. It depicts how software interacts with hardware to perform all of the functions. It’s a term that describes how software interacts with hardware and vice versa.
Deployment Diagram for Online Library Management System
The Deployment Diagram for Online Library Management System shows a detailed illustration of the system’s software and hardware specification. Additionally, it gives the complete physical structure of the library management system that is needed in its deployment for its users.
It is important to create the deployment diagram in order to clarify the needs of the project before it will put into operation. This will help you avoid unnecessary difficulties that may encounter because of specification deficiency.
Library Management System UML Deployment Diagram (Explanation)
The library management system UML deployment diagram explains the sketch of the relationship between software and hardware. These hardware and software also include their components to clarify their part in the system’s operation. They were represented by nodes and the connections were represented by labeled arrows.
The deployment diagram shows the scenario when the system is deployed. It has 4 nodes represented with boxes and components within. The Library Management System node has the component of several databases such as books, borrowers, and users. Then the librarian must be connected to the network thru TCP/IP in order for them to access the system.
Additionally, the software is connected to an ISP which enables it to pass data to the online server and then will be accessed by the borrowers thru browsers also with the help of URLs. Lastly, the Librarian and the Borrowers can communicate with the use of ISP.
Deployment Diagram for Library Management System PDF
You may download the Deployment Diagram for Library Management System PDF by clicking the button below. It has the full details and discussion on Library System Deployment Diagram. You can also modify its content to complete your project requirements and needs.
Elements used in Creating your Deployment Diagram
Here are some elements used in creating your deployment diagram by Lucidchart. Deployment diagrams come in a number of shapes. Most of these things are shown in the graphic below, and this list gives you a general idea of what you might see.
- Artifact : A rectangle with the name and term “artifact” enclosed by two arrows represents a software-created product.
- Association : A message or other sort of communication between nodes is indicated by a line.
- Component : A rectangle with two tabs that indicate a software part is called a component.
- Dependency : A dashed line that ends in an arrow denotes the dependency of one node or component on another.
- Interface : A contract relationship is indicated by a circle. Those items that realize the interface are required to fulfill some sort of task.
- Node : A three-dimensional box represents a hardware or software object.
- Node as Container : This is a node that has another node within it, such as the nodes that contain components.
- Stereotype : A device housed within the node, displayed at the top of the node and flanked by two arrows.
Steps in creating Deployment Diagram for Library Management System
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Here are the steps in creating the deployment diagram for Library Management System. In creating this deployment diagram, we used lucidchart.com
- Step 1: Open your Diagramming tool.
When you open the tool, you may see a blank page. It has several buttons at the top of the page and on the bottom. You can use any tool which will make you comfortable. It is up to you what diagram you want to use. You can draw it manually if you like.
You can use any diagramming tool as long as it provides the deployment diagram symbols or elements. These are the artifacts, association, component, dependency, interface, node, etc. This is to make your diagram complete and detailed.
You just have to search for the UML Deployment on the search bar of your tool which looks like this.
After that, pin the Deployment Diagram Shapes and Symbols to make it viewable in your workspace.
- Step 2: Finalize the Nodes (Software and Hardware)
The second step in creating your deployment diagram is finalizing the projects’ hardware and software specifications. Then you will plot them wisely, giving space for the arrows that will determine their connections. This step will look like this.
- Step 3: Figure the Components of each node
The third step is to determine the components included in each node. From the former step, we have figured out the hardware and the software specifications. These are the system server, web server, PC, and Mobile.
To clarify why they are included in our Deployment Diagram is to put their components. This will enlighten developers about their role in the diagram. This phase will look like this.
The components on each node will be based on what will they hold or contribute to performing the library management system function. You may base the ideas to be placed here on other UML Diagrams.
- Step 4: Map the Connections between Nodes
Finally, you will map the arrows that will emphasize the connections of nodes. These connections should be labeled to know the form of relationship used between nodes. common connections are forms of Networking connections and others.
Benefits of UML Deployment Diagram
They visualize a system’s hardware processors/nodes/devices, communication linkages between them, and software file layout on that hardware.
- It aids in the visualization of the various aspects involved.
- Aids in a more accurate description of all the hardware elements used by software components.
- It clarifies the description of the runtime involved in processing nodes.
- Provides hardware specified details for a distributed application.
- Helps in modeling the system’s hardware topology.
- It aids in the modeling of inserted or included software.
- Provides more information on the hardware system.
- Reverse engineering is made easier using the UML deployment diagram.
The topology of the physical components of a system, where the software components are installed, is visualized using deployment diagrams. Deployment diagrams are used to depict a system’s static deployment view. Nodes and their relationships are depicted in deployment diagrams.
The Deployment Model shows how components will be distributed across the system architecture in detail. It contains information about network capabilities, server specifications, hardware requirements, and other aspects of the planned system’s deployment.
It is essential for you to know the diagrams used to design and develop the Library Management System. That is because you cannot perfectly create a fully-functional system without it. But if you create this deployment diagram, you will know the software and hardware components that the project should possess. Not only that, you will find out the needed specifications and connect them to the other UML Diagrams.
The deployment diagram is used to model the system’s physical architecture. It describes the connections of components between software and hardware system. By completing the Diagrams per module or per process, you will easily achieve your desired system. Check out our Related and Recommended Articles for more Learning and Information.
- Deployment Diagram for Railway Reservation System
- Deployment Diagram for E-commerce Website
- Deployment Diagram for ATM System
- Deployment Diagram for Hospital Management System
- Deployment Diagram for Online Shopping System
Recommended Articles from the Author:
- Library Management System UML Diagrams
- Library Management System Class Diagram
- Library Management System Sequence Diagram
- Library Management System Activity Diagram
- Library Management System Use Case Diagram
If you have inquiries or suggestions about Deployment Diagram for Library Management System, just leave us your comments below. We would be glad to hear to concerns and suggestions and be part of your learning.
Keep us updated and Good day!