So far, we’ve seen what React is and what it can do. To summarize, we learned about Calculator App in React JS Project web apps, React Components, Props, States, and a React component’s lifecycle. We also used all of the foregoing to make a rudimentary clock application.
Our goal with this article is to introduce our readers to a fresh concept of learning on the go while producing with us, and as our first project, we’ve decided to make a React Calculator. With a terrific start like this, nothing could have been a better way to count the miles to travel.
|Project Name:||Calculator App using React JS|
|Language/s Used:||React JS|
|Node.js version (Recommended):||v12.20.2|
|Type:||Website, Web Application|
Why a calculator ?
We chose to develop the calculator for some specific set of reasons, and most of them are mentioned and described in brief.
- Simplicity: A calculator is a simple device that you have probably seen, used, and mistreated. You’ve seen a wide range of calculators, and now you have the opportunity to design a basic virtual calculator that can perform all basic arithmetic operations including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Because the procedure is so straightforward, it will be easy for both of us to describe and comprehend it.
- Abundance of interesting points: A calculator may appear to be a simple device, but if you want to make one for yourself, you’ll need to identify and create all of the various components, as well as identify and establish a mutual interactive platform and, last but not least, deal with all of the failures, crashes, and bugs.
- Cosmetic Challenge: If you have an eye for detail, developing and styling a calculator will be a good place to start. The calculator itself should not take up a lot of space, but it does have several buttons to accommodate, and you will also have to consider readability and overall User Experience as this is your first UI project.
Scope Calculator using React JS
Our goal may be basic, but it has a lot of potential in the future. In the following sections of this article, I will show you a screenshot of the completed application so that you can see how, despite being complete.
It still allows you to improve and create an enhanced version that could be targeted toward a specific field, such as developing a scientific calculator; the choice is yours.
About Calculator in React JS
There will be two parts to this calculator application. The first is our Result component, which displays the output, and the second is our Keypad Component, which displays our keypad.
Available Features Calculator App Project using React JS
- add, subtract, multiply, divide
- support decimal values
- calculate percentages
- invert values
- reset functionality
- format larger numbers
- output resize based on length
Calculator App using React JS Steps on How to Create a Project
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Here’s the step’s on how to create a Calculator App using React JS.
- Step 1: Install Node.js
First, You need to install first the node.js before you can run this Reactjs project.
- Step 2: Open Command Prompt(CMD)
Then, open command prompt to the directory of react-calculator project folder.
- Step 3: Install Node Modules by entering npm install or yarn install
Next, you paste your project folder in the node.js command prompt, just type this command for me I used “npm install” because it is easy and fast for installing the node modules.
- Step 4: npm start
After that installation of node modules, just type this command “npm start”.
- Step 5: You will direct to http://localhost:3000/.
Finally, after you enter “npm start” copy the “http://localhost:3000/” to your browser or chrome.
Downloadable Source Code Below
As our first project, we’ve decided to make a React Calculator. Our goal with this article is to introduce our readers to a fresh concept of learning on the go while producing with us.
Other Related Articles
- How To Make A Calculator in Python with Example
- Calculator in C with Source Code
- Simple Calculator in C# With Source Code
- BMI Calculator In C With Source Code
- BMI Calculator Python Program with Source Code
If you have any questions or suggestions about Calculator App using React JS with Source Code, please feel free to leave a comment below.