In this tutorial, I will teach you on how you can load DatagridView data based on the selected row of information and send or display it to your Textfield, Combox, and Label or any object that support Text.
Load DatagridView Data to Textfield Steps:
- Double click your DatagridView to generate a “CellContentClick” event. It should look like the code below.
2. Focus your cursor inside the “CellContentClick” event private method and locate the “CellContentClick” in the upper right side of the window.
3. Change the “CellContentClick” to “DoubleClick” event and a new private method will automatically generated with “DoubleClick” event. It should look like the codes below.[vbnet]Private Sub DataGridView1_DoubleClick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles DataGridView1.DoubleClick
4. Inside the Datagridview “DoubleClick” method, Add the following codes:[vbnet]Dim i As Integer
i = DataGridView1.CurrentRow.Index
txtidnumber.Text = DataGridView1.Item(0, i).Value
txtname.Text = DataGridView1.Item(1, i).Value
txtaddress.Text = DataGridView1.Item(2, i).Value
txtcontact.Text = DataGridView1.Item(3, i).Value
txtemail.Text = DataGridView1.Item(4, i).Value
cbogender.Text = DataGridView1.Item(5, i).Value[/vbnet]
DataGridView1 – The name of your DatagridView
i – An integer variable that can identify which row the user selected.
5. Run your project and try to select the row from DatagridView. It should look like the image below.
For more information, feel free to leave your comment below, use the contact page of this website or use my contact information.
Email: [email protected] | Cell. No.: 09468362375
Previous Topic: How to Save Data Using VB.Net and MySQL Database