Library Management System Activity Diagram
The Library Management System Activity Diagram is a UML behavioral modeling. It shows the system’s behavior by presenting the flow of activities from one to another. The possible flow of activities can be in order, split, or continuous.
The Activity Diagram for Library Management System uses symbols to define the overall workflow of the activity diagram. It is composed of activities, decisions, and paths (flows).
Library Management System Activity Diagram: Table of contents
- Library Management System Activity Diagram
- Library Management System Activity Diagram: Details
- Importance of Library Management System Activity Diagram
- UML Activity Diagram for Library Management System
- Users of College Library Management System Activity Diagram
- Activity Diagram for Library Management System using Swimlanes
- Library Management System Activity Diagram: Benefits
- Draw the Activity Diagram for Library Management System
- Related Articles:
- Recommended Articles from the Author:
Library Management System Activity Diagram: Details
The table shows the project details of the activity diagram for library management system. It has the complete details of the project.
|Name:||Library Management System Activity Diagram|
|Abstract:||The Library Management System Activity Diagram represents the behavior of the project in terms of its activities. It contains the important details on the activities and constraints done in the project.|
|UML Diagram:||Activity Diagram|
|Users:||School Admin, Book Borrowers, and Librarian.|
|Tools Used:||Diagram tools that provide activity diagram symbols.|
Importance of Library Management System Activity Diagram
The importance of Library Management System Activity Diagram is that it enables interaction between developers and clients. This is done by helping them visualize the system’s functionality in various degrees of detail.
The activity diagram involves major activities to define the workflow of the project. These activities come with user decisions that result in more effective interaction. Being a programmer, these are the important roles that the Library Management System should have.
UML Activity Diagram for Library Management System
The UML Activity Diagram for Library Management System is one of the methods used for project development. It represents the system’s major activities and constraints that lead to paths that the project includes. They were labeled properly to guide programmers and users about the behavior of Library Management System.
Additionally, the activity diagram depicts software operations as a series of actions. These diagrams are used to document and define the system processes and use cases. It can clarify difficult use cases to simplify and improve any process. An activity diagram also models the system’s actions, functions, and processes.
Library management system activity diagrams provide the same basic goals as the other UML diagrams. It illustrates the system’s dynamic behavior. The flow of messages from one object to another is shown in other UML diagrams. The activity diagram, on the other hand, shows the flow of messages from one activity to another.
Users of College Library Management System Activity Diagram
The users of the College Library Management System Activity Diagram are the following:
- School Librarian : The school librarians will be the ones to use the system most of the time. They will monitor the books from time to time and will cater to the borrowing and returning of books. They were also responsible for all the activities related to the library.
- Book Borrowers : Book borrowers were not just the students but also the professors or instructors. They will also have access to the system and to do that, they will have to log into the system. This will help the librarian and the admin monitor the book borrowers.
- School Admin : The Library Management System can be a stand-alone project or a part of a bigger project. Nevertheless, it always has the admin which can access all of the library information. This is done when there are serious scenarios or problems.
Activity Diagram for Library Management System using Swimlanes
The Activity Diagram for Library Management System using Swimlanes is given to expound its ideas. This Activity Diagram using swimlanes is shown in different scenarios and is based on its users.
Activity Diagram for Library Management System (Librarian) – This illustration shows the activities and scenarios done when the librarian access the system. The actions and decisions included were all emphasized here.
The diagram shows the series of activities and decisions when saving and modifying book information in the system. The admin will invoke the system to register new books and save them into the database. This is to keep the basic information needed for various activities and transaction-related use.
Library Management System Activity Diagram (for Students). This diagram now shows the series of scenarios while using the library management system. It illustrates the activities or events done when the system is in use. The system design can show you the functions for the student side.
The designed diagram portrays the scenario when a student or any book borrower borrows a book. As soon as the borrower is determined, the system will display book catalogs to let them browse their request.
Then the system will process the request and will give the result to the book borrower. This process is based on the common activities done when borrowing a book.
You can add more to this and it is up to you how will you create your activity diagram. Only be precise with your information and consider the decisions that should be included.
Library Management System Activity Diagram: Benefits
The Activity Diagram Benefits are as follows:
- An Activity Diagram helps in understanding how an algorithm works.
- It describes the steps that a UML use case takes.
- Shows how users and the system interact in a process or workflow.
- Clarify difficult use cases to simplify and improve any process.
Draw the Activity Diagram for Library Management System
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Steps in creating an Activity Diagram for Library Management System.
- Step 1: Familiarize Activity Diagram Symbols
Activity Diagram Symbols – are used to create an Activity Diagram which was presented here. Their symbols and applications must be familiarized before you build the Activity Diagram.
• Start – is the beginning of the action is symbolized by a filled circle. A dark circle represents the initial node.
• Action – is a stage of an activity in which users or software accomplish a certain task. Actions are represented by round-edged rectangles.
• Decision – represented by a diamond and is used to symbolize a conditional branch in the flow. It has two or more outputs and a single input.
• Swim Lanes – are the lanes drawn as boundaries, and the activities drawn in the same lane as the organization’s activities. Swim lanes must be arranged in a logical order.
• Activity Flow – is another name for the connectors in the diagram that illustrate the flow between processes (activity).
• End or Terminator – is the last phase of the activity. An indicated black circle represents the final node.
Each of these activity diagram symbols shows the overall system behavior. Emphasizing the System’s behavior would be much easier by using these Activity Diagram symbols.
- Step 2: Determine the targeted users
After the symbol familiarization, you’ll need to determine your targeted users. Your targeted users will be the ones to use your project.
Your project is Library Management System for school, then your users would be the Staff, Admin, and the students. You may ask them about the common activities that they do when doing tasks in recognizing faces. This information will help you in proceeding with the next step.
- Step 3: Analyze the activities included
Analyzation is very important in creating an activity diagram. It will help you understand the work of the diagram and avoid unwanted errors.
The gathered information from the targeted users is very useful in creating an activity diagram. You just need to evaluate these data and pick the general activities.
From the general activities, you will see the specific activity that is included in it. But only include the useful activities and decisions (circumstances) related to library management. Then you’re ready for the next step.
- Step 4: Plot the Activity Diagram
To plot the activity diagram you will need the users, activities, decisions, and their flows (paths). You will base the flow of activities on the evaluated information to have the exact Activity Diagram.
To plot your Activity diagram, you need to place first the users involved and the process they will perform.
Then place the figured activities or steps included in doing the process.
After that, you will trace the flow or path of activities to know the series of interactions between the user/s and the system.
Finally, you put the swim lanes or the partition in the plotted diagram to separate the objects’ (users and system) activity. This is to identify what are the activities or decisions that are under them or should be performed.
You need to know the diagrams used to design and develop the Library Management System. That is because you cannot perfectly create a fully-functional system without it. But if you create this activity diagram, you will know the possible inputs and scenarios that the system should process and perform. Not only that, you will find out the needed processes and connect them to the other UML Diagrams.
The activity diagram can be used to model the system’s activity flow. These systems are also captured in an activity diagram, which describes the flow from one system to the next. By completing the Activity Diagrams per module or per process, you will easily achieve your desired system. Check out our Related and Recommended Articles for more Learnings and Information.
- Online Shopping System Activity Diagram
- Hotel Management System Activity Diagram
- Hospital Management System Activity Diagram
- ATM Management System Activity Diagram
Recommended Articles from the Author:
- Library Management System UML Diagrams
- Component Diagram of Library Management System
- Deployment Diagram for Library Management System
- College Library Management System ER Diagram
- Library Management System DFD
If you have inquiries or suggestions about Activity Diagram for Library Management System, just leave us your comments below. We would be glad to hear to concerns and suggestions and be part of your learning.
Keep us updated and Good day!