Canteen Management System Project in C++ and MySQL Database
The Canteen Management System Project in C++ and MySQL Database is a desktop application written in the C++ programming language. This C++ project will also give the user with tutorials and basic guidance for writing code. Furthermore, because this project is open-source, the user can download the zip file and alter it as needed.
The main goal of this project is to create an app that can be used in any cafeteria. Instead, this program is used by these canteens to collect orders and handle sales. The application may create, update, and remove new canteen items. The entire list of goods kept in Canteen may be seen here. I’m working with a MySQL database.
Description of Canteen Management System Project in C++ and MySQL Database
A database connection class call is made at the start of the application. Canteen is our main class, which has public functions such as display, allItems, soldItems, addNewItem, editItem, deleteItem, searchById, searchByName, checkQuantity, and addNewSale.
Project Goal and Objective: Canteen Management System Project in C++ and MySQL Database
By utilizing previously saved records, the canteen management system will be able to give quick service to its consumers. New records, on the other hand, can be added at any time when customers visit their canteen shop.
Project and Details: Canteen Management System Project in C++ and MySQL Database
|Project Name :
|Canteen Management System Project in C++ and MySQL Database
|Project Platform :
|Programming Language Used:
|C++ Programming Language
|Developer Name :
|IDE Tool (Recommended):
|Project Type :
|March 11, 2022
Screenshots Module in Canteen Management System Project in C++ and MySQL Database
Global variables use in Canteen Management System Project in C++ and MySQL Database
- The query’s state is represented by qstate. If 0 is correct, 1 is incorrect.
- The mysql connection variable is conn.
- row is used to retrieve the database’s current row.
- res is used to retrieve all of the database’s values.
The Class Use in Canteen Management System Project in C++ and MySQL Database
- The database connection is stored in this class.
- mysql_real_connect’s initializer is mysql_init real connect establishes a connection to the database. (The MySQL server should be open while connecting)
- The if statement displays if the connection was successful or not.
Features of Canteen Management System Project in C++ and MySQL
- Add New Item Module – I used the user’s input for the name and quantity and combined it with an insert query string. Then use mysql query(), which is a built-in function. This Canteen Management System application will display a success message if the insertion query is successful, and an error message if it is not.
- Add New Sale Module – I gave two parameters to this function: the name and quantity of the item placed in the canteen. I used stringstream to convert string to integer and integer to string in this function. After adding a new item to the sold database, the Canteen Management System C++ application will conduct an update query to update the amount of the item in the items table.
- All Items Module – I got all things from the items table and displayed them in a table in this module. If the query fails, an error message will appear.
- Sold Items Module – I retrieved all sold goods from the sold database and displayed them in a table in this module. If the query fails, an error message will be displayed.
- Search by ID Module – I used this module to look for an item with a specific id that was supplied as a parameter. First, it chooses all items before determining whether row indicates that our database table’s id column is equal to or not. If the variables are equal, the loop will end and the finding variable will be set to true. Finally, it returns the variable that was found.
- Search by Name Module – I used this module to look for an item with a specific name that was passed as a parameter. First, all items are selected, and then the row indicates whether our name column from the database table is equal to or not. If the variables are equal, the loop will end and the finding variable will be set to true. Finally, it returns the bool variable that was found.
- Check Quantity Module – When a user selects an item from the entire list, it checks to see if the quantity is available using the name and quantity supplied by the user. Stringstream was previously used to convert a string to an integer. Quantity is an all-encompassing term. It’s used to update things after a user buys something. It will return the variable that was discovered.
- Edit Item Module – This module first displays all of the items that are currently available in the store. The user is then prompted to enter an ID to edit. The searchById() function is then used to determine whether the id is valid or not. If id is found, the appropriate id will be selected from the items database and displayed in the console. The user is then prompted to enter the new item’s name and quantity. After that, an update query with the new name and amount will be created. Then, in a C++ application, perform the update query; if it succeeds, it will display a success message.
- Delete Item Module – It initially displays all of the things from the item table. The user is next asked to input a valid Id that he or she wishes to delete. Then it determines whether or not the is valid. If the item is valid, run a delete query to remove it.
Database and Table Name use in Canteen Management System Project in C++ and MySQL Database
- Table Name: items, sold
- Database: canteendb
- Sever and Library Usage: XAMPP Server, MySql Headers, MySql Libs
What is a C++ library?
A C++ library contains code that can be used in a variety of projects. A library usually contains methods and classes that deal with a generic procedure that many developers are likely to use. C++, for example, includes libraries for processing input and output, which is a common task in many programs.
Anyway if you want level up your knowledge in programming especially C/C++ Programming Language, try this new article I’ve made for you Best C Projects with Source Code for Beginners Free Download 2022.
To run this Canteen Management System Project in C++ and MySQL Database make sure that you have a Code Blocks, DEV C++ or any platform of C++ installed in your computer.
Canteen Management System Project in C++ and MySQL Steps On How To Run The Project
Time needed: 5 minutes
Canteen Management System Project in C++ and MySQL
- Step 1: Download the Source Code
First, Download the source code given below.
- Step 2: Extract File
Then, after you finished download the source code, extract the zip file.
- Step 4: Open Code Blocks
Next, After extracting the zip file, open your “Code Blocks IDE”.
- Step 5: Open Project File.
After that, open file tab and Open File after that open folder travelsystem click the “travelsystem“.
- Step 6: Run Project
Lastly, Click build tab and select build & run or you can use the shortcut key f10.
- Step 7: The actual code.
Finally, You are free to copy the given source code below or download the downloadable source code given.
Downloadable Source Code
The goal of this project is to create a computerized and mobile canteen management system that can replace the current traditional ordering system. This system is intended for the food and beverage industry’s small to medium-sized businesses. It will aid the business routine in terms of improved administration and making daily business operations easier to manage.
- Canteen Management System Project in C Language with Source Code
- Canteen Management System Project in C Language with Source Code
If you have any questions or suggestions about Canteen Management System Project in C++ and MySQL Database, please feel free to leave a comment below.