Zoom in and Zoom Out in MS Word
In this course, we’ll talk about how to zoom in and out in Word. As we go over, there are different ways to use the zoom function, where Microsoft Word lets you zoom in and out of a document. Meanwhile, this is the continuation of the previous tutorial on how to use find and replace tools in a word document and the spelling and grammar checker in MS Word.
Table of contents
- Zoom in and Zoom Out in MS Word
- What is Zoom In and Zoom Out Operation in MS Word?
- Where is Zoom In and Zoom Out in MS Word?
- How to Zoom in MS Word using Keyboard
- Example on How to Zoom in MS Word
- Zooming of a Document Using using (+) and (-) Buttons
- What is the Maximum Zoom in MS Word?
- A Few Useful Word Shortcuts
What is Zoom In and Zoom Out Operation in MS Word?
The Zoom operation in MS Word just changes the size of the font on the screen but doesn’t change anything else about the document. Microsoft Word lets you zoom in and out of a document.
When we use the zoom-in function, the text gets bigger, but when we use the zoom-out function, the text gets smaller.
Where is Zoom In and Zoom Out in MS Word?
The Zoom In and Zoom Out buttons in MS Word are in the lower-right corner of the application window, where you can find the Zoom slider. To reduce the level of magnification, click and drag the slider to the left, toward the minus sign (-).
The level of zoom is shown as a percentage to the right of the zoom slider. To make the picture bigger, click and drag the slider to the right, or towards the plus sign (+). You can also click the “+” or “-” next to the Zoom slider to make the image bigger or smaller.
How to Zoom in MS Word using Keyboard
|To do this||Press|
|Undo the previous action.||Ctrl+Z|
|Redo the previous action, if possible.||Ctrl+Y|
|Adjust the zoom magnification.||Alt+W, Q, then use the Tab key in the Zoom dialog box to go to the value you want.|
|Split the document window.||Ctrl+Alt+S|
Example on How to Zoom in MS Word
Here is a simple example of how to zoom in and out in MS Word.
- Step 1 − Click the View tab, and then, as shown below, click the Zoom button.
- Step 2 −When you click the Zoom button, a box like the one below will appear.
This will bring up the zoom options box, where you can choose a number to change the size of the document on the screen. It will be set to 100% by default. You can choose 200 percent to make the font bigger or 75 percent to make it smaller.
You can click the down arrow next to “Many pages” and choose to show more than one page.
- Step 3 − After you choose an option, click OK to make the changes to the document.
- Step 4 − Try out the different options, like Page Width and Text Width.
Instructions on How to Zoom a Document in Word
The following are the list of instructions on how to Zoom a document in word.
- Using the Zoom slider in the Status Bar, you can zoom in or out on a Word document by clicking and dragging the slider bar to the left or right.
- Alternatively, Click the “+” or “-” next to the Zoom slider to make the image bigger or smaller.
- To use the “Zoom button group” to zoom a document, go to the “View” tab in the Ribbon and then look in the “Zoom button group”.
- Click the “100%” button in the “Zoom” button group on the “View” tab of the Ribbon to set the document’s zoom to 100%.
- Click one of the same-named buttons in the “Zoom button group” on the “View” tab of the Ribbon to quickly switch between “One Page,” “Multiple Pages,” and “Page Width.”
- Then, choose the zoom level you want by selecting an option from the “Zoom to” list or typing a number into the “Percent” box.
- To choose to show more than one page at once, click the “Many pages” icon below the option button and then choose how many pages to show.
- Then, in the “Zoom” dialog box, click “OK” to save and use the changes you made.
Zooming of a Document Using using (+) and (-) Buttons
The following image shows two buttons Zoom-out which is the (-) button and Zoom-in which is the (+) button.
- When you click the Zoom-out button, the size of your document will decrease by 10% each time you click the button. Similarly, if you click the Zoom-in button, your document size will increase by 10% each time you click it.
- You can see the difference by trying this simple operation with different numbers. The above screenshot shows how the document looks when it is zoomed in by 104%.
What is the Maximum Zoom in MS Word?
The maximum percentage of zoom in a Microsoft Word document is 500 percent. The minimum percentage of zoom available for MS Word documents is 10%. Zoom in to see the file in greater detail, then zoom out to see more of the page at a reduced size.
A Few Useful Word Shortcuts
There are also a few useful ways to zoom in and out depending on your device. You can use the pinch-to-zoom feature if your device has a touch screen or touchpad. You can zoom in and out with this feature by putting two fingers on the screen and “pinch” to zoom out or “spread” to zoom in.
Lastly, if you have a mouse with a scroll wheel, you can zoom in or out by holding the “Ctrl” button and moving the wheel up or down.
In summary, we’ve talked about the ways to use zoom in and zoom out in MS Word as well as what those terms mean. In addition, we knew where the controls were located. We also gain insight into the importance of zoom control in manipulating a document. Furthermore, we also picked up some skills on what the short cuts are in zooming documents.
We hope this tutorial helps you as you plan to create a document in MS Word.