To help our dear students in creating a Capstone Project, the ITSOURCECODE team has made this definitive guide. It is a complete guide and steps in creating a capstone project from scratch. It contains the essential parts on how to create or write a Capstone Project and the full discussion to make it.
To educate all the students in making a capstone project, they must learn what it is first. They must also know its purpose to reveal the bright side of making a Capstone Project.
What is a Capstone Project?
CAPSTONE PROJECT – is an academic paper that serves as a summary of a student’s experience. This type of paper is typically produced during the senior year of high school or as part of a college or university course. It can be used in nursing, engineering, information technology, business, and other product based project courses.
In addition to that, a Capstone Project is a comprehensive body of work that culminates students’ academic and intellectual experience. They are intended to teach students to think critically, solve difficult problems, and develop new skills such as communicative competence, lecturing, researching, information literacy, teamwork, management, self-sufficiency, and strategic planning.
Creating a Capstone Project will not only enable you to be successful but will also teach you a lot of skills that you’ll surely apply for jobs. And without further ado, let’s tackle the steps on how to make a Capstone Project.
How to Create a Capstone Project: Step by Step
Capstone Project Proposal
Before you achieve a project to develop, you must have first a proposal. This proposal serves as first step before you make a capstone project and here’s how to write it.
Here are the complete steps on how to create a Capstone Project Proposal in a convenient and easy way. These steps will help you make the best capstone project document perfect and avoid you from unwanted errors. Following the right steps in creating a capstone project proposal will prevent you from repeating it all over again in the long run.
- Pick a topic that suits your interest
The first step in doing your capstone project would be picking a topic. It will enable you to think what are the topics that suits you. This will also activate your critical thinking and decision making.
So in choosing a topic, you must consider your capabilities, talents and intellectual aspects. You must remember that you and your group must be responsible for the decision that you make and by that, you will develop cooperation.
All you need to do in choosing a topic is to think hard about what do you want to develop. You should also think about the needs of your surroundings. Choose an area of interest as a group and make it narrower so all of you are involved in the development.
Example: You choose the area of Sports, then you’ll ask yourselves if what can you develop to help that area become more productive. As a result, you can create or formulate a topic or a title out of that area of interest.
- Do Research
In order for you to become knowledgeable on the topic that you choose, you need to do a lot of research. This will help you to have deeper understanding about your topic. You will know then the common issues and difficulties that your topic has.
Why is it that you have to know the issues on the topic that you chose? It is because, these are the issues that your team should address. You have to study the determined issues and the factors that generates it. Then you will come up a solution that you will put as your reason or purpose why you pursue that topic.
- Write your Proposal
Now that you’re confident with your topic, you could proceed in creating a proposal about it. You just need to finalize the title of the topic as well as the issues that you determined while you studied that topic. The issues are called Statement of the Problem.
In creating the Capstone Project Proposal, you need to have an introduction about the chosen topic. Then you’ll need to list all of the determined issues and the solutions that you and your team come up with. After that, you will have to create the methods you will use in addressing these issues.
Remember that you must explain all the content of your Capstone Project Proposal to make it clear and understandable. They must be short but precise. Make sure that their thoughts are complete and visible in the proposal.
- Prepare to Defend your Topic/Title
Title Defense will give you further idea if the topic that you chose fits your capabilities and if it is ideal for your team. This will also be the proof if you studied well about the topic.
On the day of your Title Defense, you will be ask about the topic, its statement of the problem and the solutions. You must know how to defend those and they must have enough proof. So make sure that you review all the needed information to defend your topic.
After tis, you will know what will the outcome of your topic. It might change, revised or added with ideas that would help you make it more useful. Then the finalize Title will be your Capstone Project to develop.
Now that you have the finalized Title for your Capstone Project, you can then start in building it and its documentation. This part is very crucial for the project to develop. But you have to remember that the steps stated were just part one topic. So if your school or instructor require several topics, the you have to use those steps in each of them. Don’t worry because you’ll be given enough time to formulate your topics. You just have to be responsible with your time and cooperate with your team.
Capstone Project Proposal may not be really part of your Capstone Project making but it is still essential in doing a Capstone Project. It might not be the first part but it s the first step to achieve a finalized and ideal Capstone Project for you and your team.
First: Capstone Project Chapter 1 (Introduction)
Here’s how to start writing your Capstone Project Chapter 1.
- Know the structure of a Capstone Project Chapter 1. Its structure would based in your school or mentors. The chapter 1 conveys and discuss all the information about the project. It has also the specific details of the project and what should be the expected outcome.
- Formulate an Introduction of your project. It must contain issues and the reason why you pursue the project. Its like introducing the project title that you made. You have to present what your project is all about.
- Provide a document for your Capstone Project Chapter 1. You should document all the steps and information about your project development. It is because you will be needing these information as a proof and bases o how did you come up with that capstone project.
The Capstone Project Chapter 1 has its parts and are very important in developing your project. It is a continuation from your capstone project proposal but more specific. Its structure is composed of:
- Project Context:
- Objective: General and Specific:
- Scope and Limitations:
- Significance of the study:
- Definition of Terms:
The composition of your capstone project chapter 1 will always vary from your school or instructors. But the given details here are all essential to create a Capstone Project Chapter 1.
Second: Capstone Project Chapter 2 (RRL)
The third step to write a Capstone project document is the Chapter 2 which is the RRL (Review of Related Literature). It contains all the articles and system that are related to your project. These ideas were valued and may also be applied to you proposed study. But you have to make sure that will just get the helpful ideas without copying the whole content of the article, book or topic.
Now to make an RRL (Review of the Related Literature), you just have to collect the related information, ideas and topics and explain them to you paper. You must document these ideas and emphasize the relatedness of the topic to your project. Regardless of the title as long as the thought and idea are well explained.
In this chapter, you must start with a brief introduction about the investigations of the researcher on the review literature and system about the problem. Here, you must get your data from any book, magazines and much more. Most of all, label your published material with local or foreign sources.
Third: Capstone Project Chapter 3 (Methodology)
The third step in creating a capstone is completing its Methodology. It must contain all the methods and procedures used for project development. You will also present the illustrations, diagrams and figures to explain the process of creating the project.
This chapter 3 gives the readers and panels the idea on how would create the project as well as its outcome. This must also explain the method used and the behavior of the system. By completing this chapter, it will be much easier for you to develop and finished your proposed project.
Here’s how to write the Capstone Project Chapter 3:
- Choose your SDLC: System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) plays a big role for the Project Development. It will guide you through the development journey and will also provide you the steps on how would you finish your project.
- Create a Gantt Chart: To make sure that you can complete your project at the given time, you must create a Gantt Chart. Through this, you can estimate the needed time in each project development process. You can also monitor the status of the development and provide mitigation whenever there errors during the process. Gantt Charting will also help you manage your time and cope up with the dues.
- Provide all the Illustrations, Diagrams and Figures: Methodology requires a lot of illustration to emphasize the methods. By the word methodology, you must provide all the needed explanation to make sure that the readers and panels will understand your project. It will also help you know the needs of your project in the first place.
- Apply the Illustrations to your Project: When you complete all the needed guide (Methodology), you can proceed in creating the project. You can apply all of the ideas that you gather as well as the Illustrations to achieve the expected outcome of your project.
Here’s the structure n how to write your Capstone Project Chapter 3:
- Brief Methodology Introduction
- Gantt Chart
- Database Design
- Data Dictionaries
- Screen Design
- Architectural Framework
- Hardware and Software Specification
These are the important parts that you must consider before you write the capstone project Chapter 3.
Fourth: Capstone Project Chapter 4 (Project Evaluation)
After finishing the proposed project, you will then test its usability. To test the project, you can use a survey questionnaire. This questionnaire will help you know if the project meets the needs of the targeted users. The remarks or ratings will also justify the performance of the project.
You will have to write the evaluation result to Chapter 4 to inform the readers and panels that the project was evaluated. It will also be the proof if the project was enough of not. It must present the whole discussion of evaluation and its result.
Here’s how to make your Capstone Project Chapter 4:
- Make sure that the Project was fully-functional: Before you do your survey for evaluation, you must secure first that the project is error-free and fully-functional. This is to refrain the users from difficulties during the survey.
- Prepare your Questionnaire: You may use a questionnaire provided online or you may create your own. But you have to validate the questionnaire if you’ll use your own. This is to make sure that the evaluation and the result is valid.
- Project Testing and Evaluation: After preparing all the needed materials for project evaluation, your project can now be evaluated. The project must be evaluated by its targeted users to know its usability, functionality and efficiency. Their evaluation will be recorded and should be discussed in this chapter.
- Calculate and Discuss the Result: Now this is the main part of creating capstone project chapter 4. You must perform the former steps to obtain and come up with the presentations and discussion of results. The results must be interpreted into words to deliver the right information to the panel and readers.
Structure of the Capstone Project Chapter 4 to write and complete:
- Short Introduction
- Evaluation Result
- Result Interpretation
- Discuss the Result and Interpretation
Fifth: Capstone Project Chapter 5 (Summary, Conclusions and Recommendation)
The Capstone Project Chapter 5 consist of the summary, conclusions and recommendation out of the project made. You will have to provide a summary from the outputs that you made and an explanation about it. The content of this chapter will inform the readers and the panels of the Project result as well as the evaluators comments on it.
How to make a Capstone Project Chapter 5?
To start creating your Capstone Project Chapter 5, you must save all the collected information from the former chapter.
- Project Summary: You must create a summary out of the finding from the project evaluation. This part must contain the brief discussion of the project findings from the evaluation made. It must be short, clear and precise.
- Provide you Conclusion: As the developer, you must inform the reader and panels about your project conclusion. You must also include here the conclusion from the evaluators. It is important to put the conclusions to justify the results and output that you developed. This will inform you if you have met the requirements needed.
- List and Explain all the Recommendations: You must list and explain all the recommendation or suggestion determined from your project. These recommendation could help other researchers to improve your project. It could also help you to improve your project if you want.
Capstone Project Chapter Structure
Here are the important parts that your should consider before you write a Capstone Project Chapter 5.
- Summary of findings
That completes our discussion about How to make Capstone Project: A Definitive Guide Itsourcecoders.
I hope that this article about List Python Courses Outline with Certificate help you a lot.
With the Capstone Project discussion presented above, you can get the ideas on how to create and write it for your own project documentation or paper.
If you have any questions about the How to create and write a Capstone Project chapters, you can ask us through the contact page or leave your comment below.
Keep us updated and have a good day!
Related Article Below
- What is Python Programming Language?
- List of Best Python Libraries for Programmers 2021
- Best Python Course Online | Python Course Free 2021
- Python Compiler Online and Offline 2021
- Free Python Certification | Which and How to Get Best Python Certification
- Best Python IDE for Windows, Linux, Mac OS 2021
- List of Python Interpreters | Guide to Best Python Interpreter Online
- List of Best Python Frameworks 2021 |For Mobile & Software Development
- Best Python Projects for Beginners
- Best Python Projects With Source Code 2021
- How To Make A Point Of Sale System In Python
- Python PIP Command Set-up / Fix: Step by Step Guide
- Student Management System Project in Python with Source Code
- Hotel Management System Project in Python With Source Code
Recommended Articles From the Author
- Best Java Projects With Source Code For Beginners Free Download 2021
- Code For Game in Python: Python Game Projects With Source Code
- Best PHP Projects With Source Code Free Download
- Best Final Year Project in Computer Science 2020
- Final Year Project For Computer Engineering 2020
- Best Final Year Project in Computer Science 2020
- List of VB.Net Projects with Source Code Free Download
- DBMS Mini Projects Topics for Students 2020
- Data Flow Diagram With Examples
- List of Arduino Projects for Beginners 2020