Chapter 1 Research Description
– serves as the engine that drives all the rest of the documents. Once a word or phrase is substantiated, use the exact word or phrase throughout the thesis or capstone project.
In chapter 1, once a word or phrase is established, you will use it all throughout the study. The content is connected and repetitive from study to study.
- Project Context
(Should be at least 2 pages of presentation and discussion)
What will the researcher do?
- The researcher must describe its prevailing issues based on his experience when introducing the research problem.
- The most essential part of doing your research or capstone study is to ask information from your targeted users.
- Project context gives a strong justification for choosing such research problem based on his/her capacity.
- This must also explain how you form your title, what are the issues to address and why must that issue be addressed.
- Finally, in the project context, provide a statement that shows the relationship among the rationale of the study to the proposed research problem.
This is to make your document content well-explained and emphasizing the formulated topic or title.
- Research Objectives
A research objective is a concrete statement that describes what the researcher is trying to achieve. A well-worded objective will be SMART, i.e. Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time-bound.
- General objectives are extensive goals to be achieved and are usually less in number.
- Specific objectives are short term and constricted in focus.
- General objectives can be broken into smaller parts to form specific objectives.
- Most of all, specific objectives gives a clearer vision of what the study is trying to achieve.
- Scope and Limitations of the Research
- The scope explains the nature, coverage and time frame of the study.
- The limitation, on the other hand, explains all that are NOT included in your project.
- Significance of the Research
- Describes the contributions of the study as new knowledge and makes findings more conclusive.
- Also, it cites the usefulness of the study to certain groups.
- Then, cite all the persons and groups that would benefit from the study.
- Of course, the researchers should include themselves.
5. Definition of Terms
- Definition of terms gives definition to the major terms that are relevant to your study.
- Lastly, the definition can either be connotative or denotative in relation to the study only.
Download the Sample Document CHAPTER 01
To Get the full sample of Chapter 1, Just contact me:
Email: [email protected]
2 thoughts on “Chapter 1(Research Description) Capstone Project Guidelines and Sample”
Hello po good evening ask lang po sana ng tulong kong anung Thesis Proposal para sa katulad kong student. Salmat po,.
Sir any info po about sa Theory of the study need ko lng po ng deeper info po