This Online Food Ordering System using Django and Python Framework has an admin side and customer side where Admin can manage sales, products, categories, and food orders.
The admin plays an important role in the management of the system.
|About Project||Project Details|
|Project Name||Online Food Ordering in Django with Source Code|
|Python version (Recommended)||3.8 Version|
|Programming Language Used||Python Django Language|
|IDE Tool (Recommended)||Sublime, Visual Studio, PyCharm|
Here, the admin can manage food delivery easily. For this, the system displays available dishes with their name, photo, category, and price, and the user has to enter the quantity and the customer’s name.
The customer can order food online and can see her/his orders in the cart.
To start creating an Online Food Ordering system project in Django, make sure that you have PyCharm Professional IDE Installed on your computer.
This Online Food Ordering management system project in Django also includes a free Source Code, just find the downloading of the project source code below and click the download button.
Online Food Ordering System using Django with Source Code Features for the Admin Side.
- Dashboard – For the admin dashboard, you will be able to access all the basics of the whole system, such as cart items orders, items, users, and categories.
- Manage Items– The admin has access to the item management information system. He can add, update, and delete the items.
- Manage Orders – As the main function of the admin, the admin can reject or accept from the customers on a case-to-case basis.
- Manage Categories – For the categories, the admin has the features of managing the category. The example category used in this system is best-selling foods, spicy, and new foods.
- Manage Users – The admin can manage the user’s account. Admin can add, update, and delete users in the system.
- Login and Logout – By default one of the security features of this system is the secure login and logout system.
Basically, the front-end side of the system refers to the main website of the whole system.
The frontend of this Online Food Ordering System using Django has these basic features of the website.
- Home Page – On the home page, you can see directly the list of foods for sale, login, and logout
- Viewing Products – by default on the frontend, the customer can automatically view all the foods, the price and description of foods.
- Checkout Order – The customer can checkout order in the front end that can confirmed by the admin in the backend.
- Login and Logout – The customer needs to login in the system before they can add to cart their orders and they can also logout after they finish their order.
- Sign up – the customer needs to register or sign up first before they can login into the system.
- Add to Cart– One of the features of this system is that the customer can temporarily add their order in the add to cart.
How to create an Online Food Ordering System using Django
Time needed: 5 minutes
Here are the steps on how to create the Online Food Ordering System Project in Django
- Step 1: Open file.
First, open “PyCharm professional” after that click “file” and click “new project “.
- Step 2: Choose Django.
Second, after click “new project “, choose “Django” and click.
- Step 3: Select file location.
Third, select a file location wherever you want.
- Step 4: Create an application name.
Fourth, name your application.
- Step 5: Click create.
Fifth, finish creating project by clicking “create” button.
- Step 6: Start Coding.
In this final step, we will now start adding functionality to our Django Framework by adding some functional codes.
Image output of the system
Downloadable Source Code Below
Anyway, if you want to level up your programming knowledge, especially Python, try this new article I’ve made for you Best Python Projects with source code for Beginners.
But If you’re going to focus on web development using Django, you can download here from our list of Best Django Projects with source code based on real-world projects.
How to run the online food ordering system in Django?
Step 1: Extract/unzip the file
Step 2: Go inside the project folder, open cmd, and type the following commands to install Django Framework and run the webserver:
• pip install -r requirements.txt
• python manage.py runserver
Step 3: Finally, open the browser and go to http://127.0.0.1:8000/
For admin panel:
- Username: admin
- Password: admin
In summary, free download the Online Food Ordering System using Django with Source Code can be useful to students or professionals who want to learn Python programming language.
This project can also be modified to fit your personal requirements. I hope this project will help you to improve your skills. Happy Coding!
If you have any questions or suggestions about the Online Food Ordering System using Django with Source Code, please feel free to leave a comment below.