Hi there Itsourcecoders! Before anything else, let us discuss the Student Management System and its Dataflow Diagram (DFD levels). Not only that, we will also take a tour on the DFD levels 0, 1 and 2 of Student management system. As a bonus, you can have the downloadable PDF File of this DFD discussion.
Now let us walk trough the essence of Student Management System DFD. The Student Management System also known as a student information system aids in the administration of data, communications, and scheduling in a school. A vast amount of data is generated and used by a school system. This information must be provided to students, faculty, and parents in a suitable manner.
Here’s what you need to know.
One of the most important systems for facilitating the management and development of Higher Education Institutions is the Student Information System. Its importance in academic decision-making and other academic tasks cannot be overstated.
In the DFD, input, processing, and output are used to represent and define the overall system.
Watch the video here to see the full explanation of the Student Management System Data Flow Diagram Level 0 1 2
The following are the flows that the System can generate:
- Assigning Faculties
- Assigning Subjects
- Class Schedules
- Managing Semesters
- Student Management
- Setting Timetables
Student Management System DFD Level 0, 1 and 2
Time needed: 10 minutes.
Here’s the Dataflow Diagram levels 0 1 2 for Student Management System or step-by-step way on how to create a Student management system DFD.
- DFD for Student Management System Level 0
To start with, let us familiarize what is student management system level 0.
The system level 0 is also known as context diagram. It’s supposed to be an abstract view, with the mechanism represented as a single process with external parties.
This DFD depicts the overall structure as a single bubble. It comes with incoming/outgoing indicators showing input and output data.
In this data flow diagram you will see the general process done in student management. This will also serve as a guide as you go through the deeper processes of the student management system data flow diagrams.
As you see, when you build the levels of data flow diagrams, the connections of the transactions and data also broadens and gets more specific.
- DFD for Student Management System Level 1
Next to the context diagram is the level 1 data flow diagram.
The content of Student management system level 1 must be single process node from the context diagram is broken down into sub processes
In this level, the system must display or reveal further processing information. And the actors that are going to use this system is were the students and the faculty.
The following are essential data to accommodate:
These procedures require information such as a list of students, subjects, attendance, and semesters from which served as the bases for faculty to manage students. This type of data is represented by a data store.
With being knowledgeable about the DFD level 1, you will know then its broaden context terms.
In addition to that, this may also serve as your reference on how the inputs or data fed on the system. Then you will be also informed about the outputs that the system gives.
These processes shown in the DFD were all based on the concept of Student Management System.
- DFD for Student Management System Level 2
After presenting the student management system DFD levels 0 and 1, next to that is level 2.
Here’s what you need to consider in creating data flow diagram level 2 for student management system.
• The Level 2 DFD for student management system should represent the basic modules as well as data flow between them.
• Since the DFD level 2 is the highest abstraction level, its student management system processes must be detailed that is based on the DFD level 1.
Finally, after figuring the processes given in the system, the user will now have their request being processed.
The Processes that the system should prioritize are as follows:
• Assigning of Attendance
• Assigning of Schedules
• Plotting of Subjects
• Setting Semester
DFD level 2 let’s you know the ideas on where does the data inputs goes and inputs comes within the student management system. Considering the the dataflow mentioned above, you can determine well the importance of breaking the processes into more specific manner.
The presented level not only shows you the detailed processes of system, but also gives you precise destination of the data that flows in the system.
This DFD will also be your references as you make your own student management system DFD levels 0, 1 and 2.
Additional Knowledge on Data Flow Diagram Levels 0 1 2 of Student Management System
What is Student Management System DFD level 0?
A context diagram is another name for it. With the mechanism represented as a single process and external parties it will be an abstract view. It depicts the overall structure as a single bubble with incoming/outgoing indicators showing input and output data.
The data flow diagram level 0 also considers the entire system to be a single process and emphasizes the system’s interaction with external entities.
Context diagrams (level 0 DFDs) are diagrams in which the entire system is represented as a single process.
A single process node and its connections to external entities are depicted in Level 0 data flow diagrams.
What does a Student Management System level 1 DFD entail?
Level 1 DFDs provide a broad overview but go into greater depth than a context diagram. The single process node from the context diagram is broken down into sub processes in a level 1 data flow diagram.
The System level 1 DFD lists all of the major sub-processes that make up the entire system. A level 1 DFD can be thought of as a “detonated view” of the context diagram.
A single production node and its relationships to external entities are depicted in Level 0 data flow diagrams. Level 1 DFDs provide a broad overview but go into greater depth than a context diagram.
The single process node from the context diagram is broken down into sub processes in a level 1 data flow diagram.
What does a Student Management System level 2 DFD entail?
The 2-level DFD delves even deeper into the concepts of 1-level DFD. It can be used to plan or record all of the specific/necessary information about how the system works.
Level 2 DFD is the DFD’s highest abstraction level and represents the system’s basic modules as well as data flow between them.
Student management systems serve educational institutions in a variety of ways, the most important of which is centralized data administration and accessibility. Teachers will be able to input, maintain, and access student data more simply. Parents and guardians have a better understanding of how their children perform in class.
So that completes our discussion fellas! And I hope that this PDF about Student Management System Data Flow Diagram | DFD Levels 2021 will help you a lot.
Now let me ask you something. What have you learned through the discussion?
May this article help you with your projects in the future!
If you have inquiries or suggestions about Dataflow Diagram (DFD) for Student Management System PDF just leave us your comments below.
Keep us updated and Good day!
- BEST Data Flow Diagram Examples 2021 | DFD | TIPS and TRICKS
- Inventory Management System DFD Level 0 1 2 | Best Dataflow Diagram 2021
- Barangay Information System DFD Levels 0 1 2 | Best Dataflow Diagram 2021
- Purchase Management System DFD Level 0 1 2
- POS (Point of Sales) System DFD Levels 0 1 2
- Payroll Management System DFD Level 0 1 2 |Best Dataflow Diagram
- Best Data Flow Diagram for Library Management System | DFD 2021
- Food Ordering System DFD Levels 0 1 2 | Best Dataflow Diagrams
- Enrollment System DFD Levels 0 1 2 | Best Dataflow Diagrams
- University Management System DFD Level 0 1 2 | Best Dataflow Diagram 2021
- Data Flow Diagram Level 0 1 2 Examples In Software Engineering
- College Management System DFD Level 0 1 2 | Best Dataflow Diagram 2021
- Online Shopping DFD Level 0 1 2 | Best Dataflow Diagrams 2021
- ATM System DFD Levels 0 1 2 | Best Dataflow Diagrams
- E-commerce Website DFD Levels 0 1 2 | Best Dataflow Diagrams for 2021
Recommended Articles From the Author
- Student Management Project in Python with Source Code
- Student Management System In C++ With Source Code | VIDEO
- Student Management Project In Django With Source Code
- Student Record System in C with Source Code | Video | 2020
- Student Management Project In Java With Source Code
- School Management Project In Django With Source Code
- Student Management System in Python Source Code
- Student Record System using MySql in PHP
- Student Management Project In Django With Source Code