This article will talk about how to make the gym management system project ER diagram step by step. The first step in making the Gym Management System is to make the ER diagram, which will be used as a starting point when making the database itself. We will make the entity relationship diagram for the Gym Management System and explain how it is made.
The ER diagram gym management system project is a set of information systems that run a gym or other place to work out and exercise.
ER diagram gym management system details
The table shows the overall description of the ER Diagram for Gym Management System.
|Name:||Gym Management System ER Diagram|
|Abstract:||This project’s information includes payments, reports, Trainor, members, client, schedule and transaction records who will help customers with their workouts.|
|Diagram:||ER Diagram is also known as Entity Relationship Diagram|
|Tools Used:||Diagraming tools that provide ER diagram symbols.|
|Users:||Fitness Trainers and Clients.|
What is Gym Management System?
This system for managing gyms and clubs give organizations in the fitness industry the ability to control schedules, memberships, and facilities. Gym management systems provide the ability to schedule lessons, reserve facilities, manage financial records, and store member information in a database.
Gym management software (fitness software) is made to make running a health club simpler. The program gathers all data into one location, including administrative responsibilities, automated billing, and online gym scheduling, allowing you to manage your business more effectively.
Gym Management System Features
- Gym Management – This feature can keep track of schedules, memberships, and amenities of the clients when entering or availing of the Gym services.
- Client Management – This feature in the Gym management system can store members’ or client information, manage financial and payment records, schedule classes and sessions, and reserve facilities. It will also help in memberships and class schedules as well as to keep track of the clients, trainers, and schedules.
- Manage Reports – This reports management will help the gym administrator to have the timely and relevant information which are needed for every monitoring purpose. It could also help in tracing every transaction done in the system. Managing the Reports will provide security to the valuable information that may be used to generate future projections and improve their services.
- Manage Transactions – The transaction management is in charge of creating and associating transaction activities up-to-date. This feature will also help in solving issues on the customers’ side and ensure that transactions were all correct and updated.
- Transaction and Reports Management – This feature will store the transactions made by the gym members and clients including their information and the reports of every transaction and timetables. The feature is essential in gym management software.
Gym management system project ER diagram example
The ERD or ER Diagram for Gym System shows the system entity relationships in each entity and their supposed functions in each relationship. Now here’s the sample ER Diagram of Gym Management System.
Based on the image above, the Entity-Relationship Diagram for Gym System is the blueprint of the Gym System database, and these are presented in tables. The tables are made to meet the required specification of the system and provide much more specific details of each entity within the system.
The purpose of this ER Diagram is to fully understand the Gym Management System as well as the relationships of tables in the project database design. And if you like to have a reference for your project making, you can have the PDF copy of this Gym Management System ER Diagram.
Gym Management System Database Design
This Gym Management System database design was made based on managing Gym requirements. The system can secure and monitor the activities and advise exercises for the gym clients and their sessions or time schedules. The gym admin can have access to the clients’ status, checking their activities, and secure the clients’ every activity.
The features included in this Gym Management system’s ERD were securing and monitoring the card holders’ transaction records and status. These features were also listed and recorded in reports that served as the history of all the activities done in the system.
Gym Management System ER Diagram Tables
These tables below provide the complete database table details such as Field Name, Descriptions, data types, and character lengths. Each of these tables represents the characteristics and the attributes of data storage.
The field column presents the names of each database’s attributes, the description column gives the complete thought of each attribute, the type column is their data type and the length is for their character lengths.
Table Name: Client/Member
|client_ID (PK)||CLient ID||Int||11|
|fname||Client First Name||Varchar||255|
|lname||Client Last Name||Int||11|
Table Name: Registration/Membership
|reg_ID (PK)||Registration ID||Int||11|
|date||Date of Registration||Date|
Table Name: Transaction Records
|trans_ID (PK)||Transaction ID||Int||11|
|client_ID (FK)||Client ID||Int||11|
|date||Date of Transaction||Date|
Table Name: Schedule
|sched_ID (PK)||Schedule ID||Int||11|
|client_ID (FK)||Client ID||Int||11|
|trainor_ID (FK)||Trainor ID||Int||11|
Table Name: Trainor
|train_ID (PK)||Trainor ID||Int||11|
|sched_ID (FK)||Schedule ID||Int||11|
Table Name: Reports
|client_ID (FK)||Client ID||Int||11|
|trans_ID (FK)||Transaction ID||Int||11|
|date||Date of Report||Date|
The tables given will be the basis for developers on how would they do the gym management system database design. It has the complete description of the database and they will put this into the program or data storage the same as the names given to each of the tables. They will create a database with the attributes given as well as the value of each attribute.
Gym Management System ER Diagram [PDF]
The ER Diagram Gym Management System in DBMS Pdf provides the information explaining the concepts of the project database. You may apply this information to your capstone project. You can also use it directly or modify its content depending on your project’s requirements.
How to create an Entity-Relationship (ER) Diagram
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Here are the steps on how to create Gym Management System ER Diagram
- Step 1: Become acquainted with the ER Diagram (Entity Relationship Diagram). Symbols and Cardinality
The Entity Relationship Diagram shows the structure of data types in a project. It uses symbols to clarify its parts and relationships. Their symbols and applications must be familiar before you build the ER Diagram.
ER Diagram Symbols:
Fields are the parts of a table that define the entity’s characteristics. In the database that the ERD models, attributes are commonly thought of as rows.
Keys are a technique to categorize data quality. It is used to organize ER diagrams and assist users in modeling their databases to ensure that they are efficient. This is also used to connect different tables in a database.
A primary key identifies a single entity instance, which means a unique attribute or set of attributes.
A foreign key is produced when data attributes have one too many relationships with other entities.
- Step 2: Complete the entities that will be included.
Begin designing your ER Diagram by finalizing your railway reservation system’s entities. These are rectangles. You must leave room in future phases so they can be incorporated.
- Step 3: Add the attributes of each entity
Upon finalizing the entities, analyze their attributes. As characteristics, ER diagram entities are described. All these are characteristics. Multivalued characteristics have several values.
- Step 4: Describe the relationships (cardinality) between entities and attributes
Entities, characteristics, and relationships are needed to draw ERD relationships. The data structure and entity relationship diagram are based on evaluated information.
ER (entity-relationship) diagram is only one of the diagrams used to design and develop the Gym Management System. Each of the diagrams you design and create will help you in presenting your ideas and impart your abilities.
Creating the ER diagram will help you perceive the back end of the software which will hold all the data that’ll enter and exit the system. To learn more about the ER Diagrams and more, check out the related and recommended articles below.
- ER Diagram for ATM System
- ER Diagram for E-commerce Website
- ER Diagram for Employee Attendance System
- Railway Management System ER Diagram
- Employee Management System ER Diagram
If you have inquiries or suggestions about ER Diagram for Gym Management System just leave us your comments below. We would be glad to know to concerns and suggestions and be part of your learning.
Keep us updated and Good day!