The airline reservation system ER diagram shows the relationships of the system’s entities that build its database design. This describes the logical structure of the system’s database or data storage. It is done by identifying the airline reservation process entities, their properties, and the interactions between them.
The airline reservation system database design is sketched out using ER (entity-relationship) diagram. This sketch becomes the actual basis of the system’s data storage that will serve as data destination and source. The page layout for airlines website and business process.
ER Diagram for Airline Reservation System: Details
The table shows the overall description of the ER Diagram for Airline Reservation System. It has a complete overview of the project’s information.
|Name:||Airline Reservation System ER Diagram|
|Abstract:||The airline reservation system ER diagram depicts the relationship between various entities. It can be thought of as a blueprint for your system (project) structure.|
|Diagram:||ER Diagram is also known as Entity Relationship Diagram|
|Tools Used:||Diagraming tools that provide ER diagram symbols.|
|Users:||Airline Crews and Passengers|
What is Airline Reservation System?
An “airline reservation” is a legal contract in which an airline agrees to provide a passenger with a seat on a specific flight from one airport to another for a set fee. From the moment of the first reservation until flight completion, the contemporary airline reservation system is a comprehensive suite of products that support a variety of airline management activities and serve client needs.
Airline Ticket Reservation System Features
- Airline Ticket Reservation Management – Airline Reservation Management is the main feature of this system wherein ER diagram contains the basic details of the system. Its information was composed of the transactions done by the customers, and the accommodation available for reservation.
- Customer Management – This feature plays a big role in the system because this gathers important information about the customers. This information was used to track their transactions and other important matters regarding the system.
- Manage Airline Information – Airline information management was important for the system because it serves as the basis for customers making airline reservations. This information was monitored to keep the customers updated.
- Transaction and Reservation Management – Its feature will store the reservation made by the customers as well as the date booking system of the transaction. This will also save and update the accommodate based on the date requested by the customers.
What is an ER Diagram?
In DBMS, the simple ER diagram for airline reservation system is also known as the system’s database design. It is the graphical depiction of relationships between all the entities involved in the system. Its major components are Entities, Attributes, and Relationships.
Importance of ER Diagram
The importance of ER diagram for airline reservation system is to help in modeling its data storage or database. It is the basis of the project’s database foundation for construction. The airline reservation system entity-relationship diagram (ERD) also aids in defining the data types to be stored such as their attributes and characteristics.
ER Diagram for Airline Reservation System
ER Diagram of Airline Reservation System shows the system entity relationships in each entity and their supposed functions in each relationship.
Based on the image above, the Entity-Relationship diagram for Airline Reservation system tables includes the following: customer, admin, airline ticket, reservation, transaction, schedule, and reports.
Airline Reservation System Database Design
The ER diagram for airline reservation system in DBMS was made based on managing reservation requirements. The system can encode customers’ requests regarding Airline reservations. The system admin can have access to the customers’ status and information for reservation transactions and reservations as well as their employees.
Airline Ticket Reservation System ER Diagram Tables
These tables below provide the complete database table details such as Field Name, Descriptions, data types, and character lengths. Each of these tables represents the characteristics and the attributes of data storage.
Field lists each database’s attributes, description explains each, type lists their data type, and length lists their character lengths.
Table Name: Customer
|cust_ID (PK)||Customer ID||Int||11|
|fname||Customer First Name||Varchar||255|
|lname||Customer Last Name||Varchar||255|
Table Name: Admin
|admin_ID (PK)||Admin ID||Int||11|
|fname||Admin First Name||Varchar||255|
|lname||Admin Last Name||Varchar||255|
Table Name: Ticket
|ticket_ID (PK)||Ticket ID||Int||11|
|date_flight||Date of Flight||Date|
Table Name: Reservation
|res_ID (PK)||Reservation ID||Int||11|
|cust_ID (FK)||Customer ID||Int||11|
|admin_ID (FK)||Admin ID||Int||11|
|ticket_ID (FK)||Ticket ID||Int||11|
|date_accom||Date of Accommodation||Date|
Table Name: Transaction
|trans_ID (PK)||Transaction ID||Int||11|
|borrowing_ID (FK)||Subject ID||Int||11|
|stud_ID (FK)||Student ID||Int||11|
|trans_date||Date of Transaction||Date|
Table Name: Transaction Type
|transty_ID (PK)||Transaction Type ID||Int||11|
Table Name: Reports
|report_ID (PK)||Report ID||Int||11|
|trans_ID (FK)||Transaction ID||Int||11|
|res_ID (FK)||Reservation ID||Int||11|
The tables given will be the basis for developers on how would they do the airline reservation system database design. It contains the complete database description and will be entered into the program or data storage along with the table names. They will create a database with the attributes given as well as the value of each attribute.
Airline Reservation System ER Diagram [PDF]
The ER diagram for airline reservation system pdf provides the information explaining the concepts of the project database. You may apply this information to your capstone project. You can also use it directly or modify its content depending on your project’s requirements.
How to create an Entity-Relationship (ER) Diagram
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Steps in building the ER diagram for the airline reservation system with Cardinality Ratio.
- Step 1: Familiarize the ER Diagram (Entity Relationship Diagram) Symbols and Cardinality
Entity Relationship Diagram – shows the structure of data types in a project. It uses symbols to clarify its parts and relationships. Their symbols and applications must be familiarized before you build the ER Diagram.
ER Diagram Symbols:
• Field – are the parts of a table that define the entity’s characteristics. In the database that the ERD models, attributes are commonly thought of as rows.
• Keys – is a technique to categorize data qualities. It is used to organize ER diagrams and assist users in modeling their databases to ensure that they are efficient. This is also used to connect different tables in a database.
– Primary Key: identifies a single entity instance which means a unique attribute or set of attributes.
– Foreign Key: is produced when data attributes have one too many relationships with other entities.
- Step 2: Finalize the entities included
Start designing your ER Diagram by finalizing the entities that must be included in your airline reservation system. This entity is represented by a rectangle, and you’ll want to leave plenty of room for them in future phases so you may add them to your design.
- Step 3: Add the attributes of each entity
After finalizing the entities, think about the qualities you’ll need to characterize each entity. The details of the various entities outlined in a conceptual ER diagram are supplied as attributes. Characteristics of an entity, a many-to-many relationship, or a one-to-one relationship are all examples of attributes. Multivalued attributes can be assigned to several values.
- Step 4: Describe the relationships (cardinality) between entities and attributes
To plot relationships between the ERD you will need the entities, their attributes, and relationships. You will base the data structure from the evaluated information to have the exact Entity Relationship Diagram.
ER (entity-relationship) diagram is only one of the diagrams used to design and develop the Airline Reservation System. Each of the diagrams you design and create will help you in presenting your ideas and impart your abilities.
Creating the ER diagram will help you perceive the back end of the software which will hold all the data that’ll enter and exit the system. To learn more about the ER Diagrams and more, check out the related and recommended articles below.
- Activity Diagram for Airline Reservation System
- Component Diagram for Airline Reservation System
- Online Airline Reservation System UML Diagrams
- Airline Reservation System Class Diagram | UML
- Use Case Diagram for Airline Reservation System
- Deployment Diagram for Airline Reservation System
If you have inquiries or suggestions about the Airline Reservation System ER Diagram, just leave us your comments below. We would be glad to know to concerns and suggestions and be part of your learning.
Keep us updated and Good day!