Font Color in MS Word
In this course, we will talk about how to change font color in MS Word. Meanwhile, this is the continuation of the previous tutorial on how to change font style, size and font case in Microsoft Word which still part of formatting text in your documents.
Further, we’ll learn how to mark text so that it looks like it was done with a highlighter pen. We will also learn how to give different effects to different parts of text.
Table of contents
- Font Color in MS Word
- What is font color in MS Word?
- What is the default font color in MS Word
- What is the use of font color in MS Word?
- How to Change Font Color in MS Word
- Text Highlight Color in MS Word
- How to Highlight Text with Colors
- What are effects applied to text?
- How to Apply Text Effects in MS Word Document
What is font color in MS Word?
Font color is sometimes used to say more than what the text says. For example, you might use color to draw attention to an important point in a course syllabus. Or, you could put a multiple-choice question on a word document and color the right answer green and the wrong answers red.
What is the default font color in MS Word
The default font color in MS Word isn’t black; it’s Automatic Black on light colors and White on dark ones. I wouldn’t suggest changing the color that is used by default for all new documents, but if you really want to: To open the Styles pane, press Alt+Ctrl+Shift+S.
What is the use of font color in MS Word?
The use of font color in MS Word is you can add colored text like red, orange, green, blue, indigo, and many others. At the same time, you can choose the background color.
Also, you can change the color of links from blue to something else if you need to work with a certain background color.
How to Change Font Color in MS Word
Here are the steps on how to change font color in MS Word.
- Step 1: Open or make a new document in which you want to change the text color.
- Step 2: Now, click on the Home tab as shown below.
- Step 3: Now select text or paragraph whose color you want to change. Then, to the Font group under the Home tab marked in the image below.
- Step 5: Select the font color option (marked in the image below.)
- Step 6: Pick the color you want from the list in the menu.
- Step 7: Here, the text changed from being black to being green.
Text Highlight Color in MS Word
The text highlight color is the shade of a color over your text and the color of a word that also includes the white spaces between the letters. Text highlight color can change depending on what program is being used.
How to Highlight Text with Colors
Here’s how you can use any color to highlight a piece of text and make it look like it was marked with a highlighter pen. Most of the time, we use yellow to highlight text. By following this two simple steps, you can easily highlight a section of text with a color.
- Step 1: Choose the part of the text that needs to be colored. You can use any of the ways to select text to pick out the part of text you want.
- Step 2: Click the triangle next to the Text Highlight Color button to see a list of colors. Try moving your mouse pointer over different colors to see how the color of the text changes on its own. You can choose any of the colors by just clicking on it.
If you click on the left side of the Text Highlight Color button, the selected color is automatically applied to the text. Clicking on the small triangle shows a list of colors.
What are effects applied to text?
The effects that you can apply to a text are to create shadows, bevels, reflections, and a variety of other effects. In addition, Text Effects are located within the Font group of the ribbon. For which there are several pre-made styles available for selection in the Text Effects menu’s leading selections. Furthermore, the Text Effects menu also includes Outline, Shadow, Reflection, and Glow choices.
How to Apply Text Effects in MS Word Document
Microsoft Word has a list of text effects that will show you how to apply text effects in an MS Word document to improve the appearance of your document, particularly the cover page and headings. By following two simple steps, it’s easy to apply different effects to text.
- Step 1: Find the text you want to make bold and click on it. You can use any of the ways to select text to pick out the part of text you want.
- Step 2: Click the Text Effect button to see a list of effects, such as shadow, outline, glow, reflection, etc. If you move your mouse pointer over different effects, the text effect will change on its own. You can choose any of the available text effects by clicking on it.
In summary, we’ve talked about how to change font color and highlight text in Microsoft Word, as well as how to apply effects in a document and what those terms mean. In addition, we know the list of color options available in Microsoft Word. We also gain insight into how changing font color and highlighting make the document creative and good.
We hope this tutorial helps you as you format your documents in MS Word.