Moving on, a point of sale system, Keeps track of all of the inventory information and data. We’ve created all of the inventory, product, and orders crud (create, read, update, and delete) operations. This is a role-based module in which the admin can perform any operation on the data.
However, to start creating a Point of Sale Management System Project in Python Django, makes sure that you have PyCharm Professional IDE Installed in your computer.
Anyway, This Point of Sale Management System in Django Framework, Also includes a Download Source Code for free, just find the downloadable source code below and click download now.
Also, visit or read the other interesting languages used in point of sale system.
- How To Make A Point Of Sale System In Python
- Point Of Sale System Project In CodeIgniter With Source Code
- Point Of Sale (POS) In Java With Source Code
- POS (Point of Sale) System Use Case Diagram | UML
- Laravel Point of Sale Source Code
- NSCA Multipurpose Cooperative Point of Sales System In PHP
About Point of Sale Project
In order to use the features and functions of this Grocery Point of Sale System Project, users must log in with their registered system user credentials. The list of product categories, categories, and sales transactions can be managed by the user. These features have CRUD operations, which stand for Create, Read, Update, and Delete.
These operations are carried out using Ajax requests in jQuery. The application also creates a receipt for the transaction that is ready to print. After the user saves a transaction, the receipt will be displayed, and the user can also reprint the receipt from the Sales List Page.
When the record is saved, the system automatically creates a transaction code. On the Home/Dashboard Page, the system also shows a summary or a count of all the data. The total number of transactions and the total amount of all transactions are also shown on that page.
Project Information and Recommended Tools Used
|About Project||Project Details|
|Project Name||Point of Sale System in Django with Source Code|
|Python version (Recommended)||3.8 Version|
|Programming Language Used||Python Django Language|
|IDE Tool (Recommended)||Sublime, Visual Studio, PyCharm|
|Project Type||Web Based Application|
- Manage Product– For the product, The admin can view, add, edit, and delete product information.
- Users Management – For the users, The admin can see the list of users details. Admin can update and delete the record of the users details.
- Manage Category– For the category, The admin can see the list of category details. Admin can update and delete the record of the category information.
- Manage Order– For the order, The admin can add, edit, and delete order information.
- Login – By default the admin need to login first to enable to access the system.
- Manage Inventory– For the inventory, The admin can add, edit, and delete inventory information.
Point of Sale System in Django Steps on How to Create a Project
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Here are the step’s on how to create a Django POS.
- Step 1: Open file.
First , open “pycharm professional” after that click “file” and click “new project“.
- Step 2: Choose Django.
Next, after click “new project“, choose “Django” and click.
- Step 3: Select file location.
Then, select a file location wherever you want.
- Step 4: Create application name.
After that, name your application.
- Step 5: Click create.
Lastly, finish creating project by clicking “create” button.
- Step 6: Start Coding.
Finally, we will now start adding functionality to our Django Framework by adding some functional codes.
Downloadable Source Code Below.
Anyway, if you want to level up your programming knowledge, especially in Python, try this new article I’ve made for you: Best Python Projects with Source Code for Beginners. But if you’re going to focus on web development using Django, you can download here from our list of Best Django Projects with source code based on real-world projects.
How To Run The Point of Sale System in Django?
- Step 1: Extract/unzip the file
- Step 2: Go inside the project folder, open command prompt and type the following commands to install Django Framework and run the webserver:
- pip install -r requirements.txt
- python manage.py migrate
- python manage.py runserver
- Step 3: Finally, open the browser and go to http://127.0.0.1:8000/
For admin panel:
- Username: admin
- Password: adminl12345
In summary, this POS Django with Source Code can be useful to students or professional who wants to learn python programming language. This project can also be modified to fit your personal requirements. Hope this project will help you to improve your skills. Happy Coding!
If you have any questions or suggestions about Django POS system with Source Code, please feel free to leave a comment below.