The Online Car Rental System project in Django has three modules One for car dealers, one for clients, and one for the home page are among the three modules. Models, URLS, and views are handled by each app in the usual Django way.
Moving on , The Online Car Rental system works as follows: a car dealer visits the car dealer portal, registers, and uploads cars that he believes are available for rental.
Anyway, Customer logs into the customer portal, specifies the area in which he wants the car, and the system searches all available car-dealers and their vehicles in that area, displaying the results to the customer. If the car has already been rented.
However, The primary goal of this Online Car Rental system project was to learn the Django framework, handle backend tasks, and manage databases, no bootstrap or other CSS frameworks were used.
Also, I have used the local MYSQL database, and the python classes in models.py assisted in database management and upgrading. The database configuration can be found in ocrs/ocrs/settings.py, where you can add your own database, username, and password in the DATABASE section.
Plus, Read or visit the other interesting programming language used in car rental system.
- Car Rental System in C with Source Code
- Car Rental Management System Project In C++ With Source Code
- [Complete] Car Rental Management System in Laravel with Source Code
- Car Rental System Use Case Diagram | UML
- Car Rental System Activity Diagram | UML
- Car Rental Management System Project in Node JS with Source Code
To start creating a Online Car Rental system Project in Python Django, makes sure that you have PyCharm Professional IDE Installed in your computer.
This Online Car Rental system in Django Framework, Also includes a Download Source Code for free, just find the downloadable source code below and click download now.
Project Information and Recommend Tools
|About Project||Project Details|
|Project Name||Online Car Rental system in Django|
|Python version (Recommended)||3.8 Version|
|Programming Language Used||Python Django Language|
|IDE Tool (Recommended)||Sublime, Visual Studio, PyCharm|
|Project Type||Web Application|
Information about Online Car Rental System
Moving on, the project in Django for a car rental system is primarily concerned with dealing with clients and dealers. The system also shows all of the automobiles that are offered together with information on their names, colors, addresses, etc.
There are two sections of this project: the Customer Panel and the Dealer Panel. A consumer can easily sign up for the system and use it, according to an overview of this web application. Customers have the ability to manage their orders and search for vehicles.
He or she needs to type in the name of the city to look for a rental car. The number of seats and rental days are taken into account when determining how much a car will cost. The consumer only needs to choose a vehicle from the search results and approve the rental request.
The name of the car, the dealer’s information, and much more are displayed on the confirmation order. The user can examine all of his or her orders in the order list as soon as they are confirmed.
Admin Features of Online Car Rental system in Django
- Sign up – The admin needs to sign up first to create an account.
- Login – After creating an account, The admin need to login first to enable to access the system.
- Manage Order – For the order, The admin can view order of the customer.
- Sales Management – The admin can view the daily sales.
- Manage Vehicle – The admin can add, update, and delete vehicle information.
- Homepage – In the homepage you can see the orders, sales, home, and vehicles.
User Features of Online Car Rental system in Django
- Sign up – The user needs to sign up first to create an account.
- Login – After creating an account, The user need to login first to enable to access the system.
- Search Car– For the search car, The user will search a car to rent.
- Rent Car – The user can update, delete orders and view the car details.
Online Car Rental system in Django Steps on How to Create a Project
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Here’s the step’s on how to create a Online Car Rental system in Django
- Step 1: Open file.
First , open “pycharm professional” after that click “file” and click “new project“.
- Step 2: Choose Django.
Next, after click “new project“, choose “Django” and click.
- Step 3: Select file location.
Then, select a file location wherever you want.
- Step 4: Create application name.
After that, name your application.
- Step 5: Click create.
Lastly, finish creating project by clicking “create” button.
- Step 6: Start Coding.
Finally, we will now start adding functionality to our Django Framework by adding some functional codes.
Downloadable Source Code Below.
Anyway, if you want to level up your programming knowledge, especially python, try this new article I’ve made for you Best Python Projects with source code for Beginners. But If you’re going to focus on web development using Django, you can download here from our list of Best Django Projects with source code based on real-world projects.
How To Run The Online Car Rental system in Django?
- Step 1: Extract/unzip the file
- Step 2: Go inside the project folder, open cmd and type the following commands to install Django Framework and run the webserver:
- python manage.py runserver
- Step 3: Finally, open the browser and go to http://127.0.0.1:8000/
In summary, this 2022 Online Car Rental system in Django with Source Code can be useful to students or professional who wants to learn python programming language. This project can also be modified to fit your personal requirements. Hope this project will help you to improve your skills. Happy Coding!
If you have any questions or suggestions about Online Car Rental system in Django with Source Code, please feel free to leave a comment below.