This tutorial is all about How to Add Mysql.data.dll to your Visual Basic Application.
In order for you to manage your MySQL database using Visual Basic.Net or Visual Studio, you need to add a reference to “MySql.Data.dll” so that the IDE will link the database connection library with your application when it complies.
Here the Step by Step Procedure:
- Download the MySql Connector here MySQL Connector.
- Install the connector.
- then Create a Visual Basic Project
- Next, in the solution explorer Right click your project name and Click Properties or
- in Menu, Click project and select Properties ( see the Image here )
- Then, click References ( see the Image here )
- and Click the add.. button
- then switch to the “Browse” tab and browse to the folder where did you install the connector
- and select the “MySql.Data.dll” file. Click OK.
- At the top of your code, add
using MySql.Data.MySqlClient. If you’ve added the reference correctly, IntelliSense should offer to complete this for you.
Readers might read also:
- How to Save Data Using VB.Net and MySQL Database
- How to Load Data from MySQL Database to DatagridView in VB.Net Application
- 106 – MySQL Query Select Statement for Managing Payroll System Module