In order for you to manage your MySQL database using Visual Basic.Net or Visual Studio, you need to add a reference to “MySql.Data.dll” so that the IDE will link the database connection library with your application when it complies.
Here the Step by Step Procedure:
- Download the MySql Connector here MySQL Connector.
- Install the connector.
- then Create a Visual Basic Project
- Next, in the solution explorer Right click your project name and Click Properties or
- in Menu, Click project and select Properties ( see the Image here )
- Then, click References ( see the Image here )
- and Click the add.. button
- then switch to the “Browse” tab and browse to the folder where did you install the connector
- and select the “MySql.Data.dll” file. Click OK.
- At the top of your code, add
using MySql.Data.MySqlClient. If you’ve added the reference correctly, IntelliSense should offer to complete this for you.