Inventory Management System Project in Ruby on Rails with Source Code
Inventory Management System Project in Ruby on Rails – The project’s goal is to provide restaurants with an easy-to-use interface for controlling their grocery inventory based on each item sold. The core concept is that each item is linked to its atomic components, which are kept in a database. The system assesses the overall sale of menu items at the end of each day and deducts the appropriate amount from the resource database correspondingly. The system then compares the current available resources to each ingredient’s threshold level. It will take action if specific elements are found to be below the threshold.
The software also seeks to keep track of resource expiration dates. If a resource is approaching the end of its shelf life, it will notify the management (admin) of the quantity that is approaching its expiration date. The restaurant must run smoothly, and the groceries must be properly tracked. Orders must be submitted to vendors on schedule, and inventory must be managed and updated on a regular basis.
What is inventory management system and software?
Inventory management software is a program that allows you to keep track of your inventory levels, orders, sales, and deliveries. It can also be used to create work orders, bills of materials, and other production-related documents in the manufacturing industry.
What is the use of inventory management system?
Inventory management aids businesses in determining which goods to order and when to order it. It keeps track of merchandise from purchase to sale. The technique recognizes and responds to patterns to guarantee that there is always adequate stock to satisfy client orders and that a shortfall is detected early enough.
Features of Inventory Management System Project in Ruby on Rails
- Login – A login consists of a set of credentials that are used to verify a user’s identity. A username and password are most commonly used. Other information, such as a PIN number, passcode, or passphrase, may be included in a login. Biometric identifiers, such as a fingerprint or retina scan, are required for some logins.
- Signup -the user need to sign up first before they can login in the website.
- Manage Brands – The admin can add, update ,and delete brands information.
- Manage categories – The administrator can add, update ,and delete categories information.
- Food products – food products information can be added, updated, and deleted by the administrator.
- Manage users – user’s information can be added, updated, and deleted by the administrator.
- Change Password – The user can change their own password.
Inventory Management System Project in Ruby on Rails Steps on How to Run a Project
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Here’s the Few Prerequisites Step’s on How to run the Inventory Management System Project in Ruby on Rails
- Step 1: Install Ruby Version
I use the latest stable version (v2. 7.1 at the time of writing) which can be found at https://www.ruby-lang.org/en/downloads/. The latest stable version will contain the latest bug fixes and performance improvements, which will keep your Ruby apps performant and secure.
- Step 4: Install Third Party Library Gems which is “bundle install”
Bundler saves the entire names and versions of all gems you used (including dependencies of gems specified in Gemfile(5)) in a file named Gemfile when you execute bundle install. lock
- Step 5: rails db:create
db:create:all – This command creates a database for all environments. db:drop – Removes the current RAILS ENV environment’s database. If RAILS ENV is not set, the development and test databases are used by default. db:drop:all – This command removes the database from all environments.
- Step 6: rails db:migrate
Migrations are an Active Record feature that allows you to change the schema of your database over time. Active Record’s techniques for manipulating your database. The migrations and schema-manipulation commands in Rails.
- Step 7: rails s or rails server
Puma, a web server included with Rails by default, will be started.
- Step 8: http://localhost:3000/
Open a browser window and go to http://localhost:3000 to see your application in action.
Project Information for Inventory Management System Project in Ruby on Rails
|Project Name:||Inventory Management System Project in Ruby on Rails|
|Language/s Used:||Ruby on Rails|
|Ruby on Rails version (Recommended):||ruby 2.7.5 version|
|Type:||Website, Web Application|
Run Quick Virus Scan for secure DownloadRun Quick Scan for safe Download
Downloadable Source Code Below
Anyway, if you want to level up your programming knowledge, especially PYTHON, try this new article I’ve made for you Best Python Projects with source code for Beginners. But If you’re going to focus on web development using Django, you can download here from our list of Best Django Projects with source code based on real-world projects.
Our software will enable our client to tailor the database to the specific demands of each kitchen. Recipes, merchants from which they order their products, and threshold levels might all be different. This results in a consistent product that may be tweaked on a smaller scale. Our client would need to buy additional licenses or, more likely, a corporate subscription to utilize the program in multiple kitchens. Single-use permits would also be available to eateries that simply need to handle a single inventory of goods.
Other Related Articles
- Vehicle Inventory System in Python with Source Code
- Point of Sale and Inventory System Source Code VB.NET
- Complete POS and Inventory System using VB.Net Source Code
- Sales and Inventory System Using PHP and MYSQL Source Code
If you have any questions or suggestions about Inventory Management System Project in Ruby on Rails with Source Code, please feel free to leave a comment below.