Activity Diagram for Face Recognition System
The Activity Diagram for Face Recognition System is a designed illustration that provides its behavioral aspect. This Activity Diagram shows the flow of activities and decision paths that exist in the system.
The Face Recognition System Activity Diagram is built up of activities, decisions, and paths. It uses symbols to define the overall workflow of the activity diagram.
Face Recognition System Activity Diagram: Table of contents
- Activity Diagram for Face Recognition System
- Activity Diagram for Face Recognition System: Project Details
- Importance of Face Recognition System Activity Diagram
- Activity Diagram for Face Recognition System
- Face Recognition System Activity Diagram: Benefits
- Face Recognition System Activity Diagram Example
- How to create an Activity Diagram for Face Recognition System
- Related Articles:
- Recommended Articles from the Author:
Activity Diagram for Face Recognition System: Project Details
The table shows the project name and details of the activity diagram of face recognition. It has the complete details of the project.
|Name:||Face Recognition System Activity Diagram|
|Abstract:||The Face Recognition System Activity Diagram represents the behavior of the project in terms of its activities. It contains the important details on the activities and constraints done in the project.|
|UML Diagram:||Activity Diagram|
|Users:||School Admin, Students, Staff, and Visitors.|
|Tools Used:||You may use any Diagram tools that provide activity diagram symbols.|
Importance of Face Recognition System Activity Diagram
The importance of Face Recognition System Activity Diagram is that it enables interaction between developers and clients. This is done by helping them visualize the system’s functionality in various degrees of detail.
The activity diagram of face recognition system involves major activities to define the workflow of the project. These activities come with user decisions that result in more effective interaction. Being a programmer, these are the important roles that the Face Recognition System should have.
Activity Diagram for Face Recognition System
The Activity Diagram for Face Recognition System is one of the methods used for project development. It represents the system’s major activities and constraints that lead to paths that the project includes. They were labeled properly to guide programmers and users about the behavior of the Face Recognition System.
Activity diagrams provide the same basic goals as the other UML diagrams. It illustrates the system’s dynamic behavior. The flow of messages from one object to another is shown in other UML diagrams. The activity diagram, on the other hand, shows the flow of messages from one activity to another.
Face Recognition System Activity Diagram: Benefits
The Face Recognition System Activity Diagram Benefits are as follows:
- An Activity Diagram helps in understanding how an algorithm works.
- It describes the steps that a UML use case takes.
- Shows how users and the system interact in a process or workflow.
- Clarify difficult use cases to simplify and improve any process.
Face Recognition System Activity Diagram Example
The Face Recognition System Activity Diagram Example is given with an explanation. This example Activity Diagram is shown in different scenarios and is based on its users.
Activity Diagram for Face Recognition System (Admin, Staff, and Students) – This illustration shows the activities and scenarios done when the admin registers new information. The actions and decisions included were all emphasized here.
The diagram shows the series of activities and decisions when saving new information from the students and staff. The admin will activate the face recognition to register new faces and save them into the database. This is to keep the basic information needed for various activities and future use.
This diagram can also be applied to other establishments. The activities included were also applicable for other scenarios and can be modified to meet the other requirements. You can download this diagram and use it for your project.
Face Recognition System Activity Diagram (for Students, Staff, and Visitors). This diagram now shows the series of scenarios while using the face recognition system. It illustrates the activities or events done when the system is in use. The system design can show you the functions once it is operated.
The designed diagram portrays the scenario when a student, visitor, or staff enters the school. The camera will scan their faces and validate if they exist in the database.
As soon as the face is determined, the system will confirm if the face is either a student or staff. If the face is none of the two, the system will automatically conclude that the person is a visitor. Then the system will require the visitor’s information and the purpose of the transaction.
You can add more to this and it is up to you how will you create your activity diagram. Only be precise with your information and consider the decisions that should be included.
How to create an Activity Diagram for Face Recognition System
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Steps in creating an Activity Diagram for Face Recognition System.
- Step 1: Familiarize Activity Diagram Symbols
Activity Diagram Symbols – are used to create an Activity Diagram which was presented here. Their symbols and applications must be familiarized before you build the Activity Diagram.
• Start – is the beginning of the action is symbolized by a filled circle. A dark circle represents the initial node.
• Action – is a stage of an activity in which users or software accomplish a certain task. Actions are represented by round-edged rectangles.
• Decision – represented by a diamond and is used to symbolize a conditional branch in the flow. It has two or more outputs and a single input.
• Swim Lanes – are the lanes drawn as boundaries, and the activities drawn in the same lane as the organization’s activities. Swim lanes must be arranged in a logical order.
• Activity Flow – is another name for the connectors in the diagram that illustrate the flow between processes (activity).
• End or Terminator – is the last phase of the activity. An indicated black circle represents the final node.
Each of these activity diagram symbols shows the overall system behavior. Emphasizing the System’s behavior would be much easier by using these Activity Diagram symbols.
- Step 2: Determine the targeted users
After the symbol familiarization, you’ll need to determine your targeted users. Your targeted users will be the ones to use your project.
Your project is Face Recognition System for school, then your users would be the Staff, Admin, and the students. You may ask them about the common activities that they do when doing tasks in recognizing faces. This information will help you in proceeding with the next step.
- Step 3: Analyze the activities included
Analyzation is very important in creating an activity diagram. It will help you understand the work of the diagram and avoid unwanted errors.
The gathered information from the targeted users is very useful in creating an activity diagram. You just need to evaluate these data and pick the general activities.
From the general activities, you will see the specific activity that is included in them. But only include the useful activities and decisions (circumstances) related to face recognition. Then you’re ready for the next step.
- Step 4: Plot the Activity Diagram
To plot the activity diagram you will need the users, activities, decisions, and their flows (paths). You will base the flow of activities on the evaluated information to have the exact Activity Diagram.
To plot your Activity diagram, you need to place first the users involved and the process they will perform.
Then place the figured activities or steps included in doing the process.
After that, you will trace the flow or path of activities to know the series of interactions between the user/s and the system.
Finally, you put the swim lanes or the partition in the plotted diagram to separate the objects’ (users and system) activity. This is to identify what are the activities or decisions that are under them or should be performed.
You need to know the diagrams used to design and develop the Face Recognition System. That is because you cannot perfectly create a fully-functional system without it. But if you create this activity diagram, you will know the possible inputs and scenarios that the system should process and perform. Not only that, you will find out the needed processes and connect them to the other UML Diagrams.
The activity diagram can be used to model the system’s activity flow. These systems are also captured in an activity diagram, which describes the flow from one system to the next. By completing the Activity Diagrams per module or per process, you will easily achieve your desired system. Check out our Related and Recommended Articles for more Learnings and Information.
- University Management System Activity Diagram
- E-Commerce Website Activity Diagram
- Payroll Management System Activity Diagram
- POS (Point of Sale) Activity Diagram
- Inventory Management System Activity Diagram
Recommended Articles from the Author:
- Face Recognition Code In Python Using OpenCV With Source Code
- Face Recognition System DFD Levels 0, 1, and 2
- Face Recognition Attendance System Use Case Diagram
- Face Recognition Attendance System Class Diagram
If you have inquiries or suggestions about Activity Diagram for Face Recognition System, just leave us your comments below. We would be glad to hear to concerns and suggestions and be part of your learning.
Keep us updated and Good day!