In this tutorial, we will know how to create Powerpoint presentation with step by step guide. Asides from that, we cover different elements we see in creating a presentation.
In today’s fast-paced world, presentations have become an essential part of our daily lives. From business presentations to academic lectures, presentations have become a tool for conveying ideas and thoughts. With the latest advancements in technology, creating a presentation has become easier than ever before.
One of the most popular tools for creating presentations is Microsoft PowerPoint. In this article, we will walk you through the steps of creating and opening presentations in PowerPoint.
Getting Started with PowerPoint
To get started with PowerPoint, you need to have the software installed on your computer. If you do not already have it installed, you can download it from the Microsoft website.
Once you have installed the software, you can launch it by clicking on the Start menu, typing “PowerPoint” in the search box, and then clicking on the PowerPoint icon.
How to Create a Powerpoint Presentation Step by Step
To create a new presentation in PowerPoint, follow these steps:
- Open PowerPoint.
To open the Powerpoint, click start menu, type “powerpoint” in the search bar and press Enter.
- Click on the “File” menu.
On the interface locate the File Tab and Click it then it will proceed to Backstage View of Powerpoint.
- Select “New” from the list of options.
Click New Option and Blank Presentation along with a List of templates will appear.
- Choose a presentation template from the list of options or click on “Blank Presentation.”
Either of the option you choose will create a presentation. In our case, we select Blank Presentation.
- Once you have chosen a template or selected “Blank Presentation,” the PowerPoint presentation will open and you can start adding content to your slides.
Apparently in blank presentation, you are free to manipulate and add content you desired.
- Customize the look and feel of the presentation
In our example, we change the title and Add text, and images. Along with shapes, and themes of the presentation.
- Save the presentation by clicking “File” then “Save As.
Once you are done customizing the slides, it’s better to save it properly.
- Preview the presentation by clicking “Slide Show” then “From Beginning.”
This time to see what your presentation looks like, cliclk slideshow from the beginning or Press F5 and Esc on your keyboard to exit.
- Repeat steps 5-8 to edit and refine your presentation as needed.
Opening an Existing Presentation in PowerPoint
If you already have a presentation saved on your computer, you can open it in PowerPoint by following these steps:
Step 1. Open PowerPoint.
Step 2. Click on the “File” menu.
Step 3. Select “Open” from the list of options.
Step 4. Locate the presentation you want to open and click on it.
Step 5. The presentation will open in PowerPoint and you can start editing it.
Adding Content to Your Presentation in PowerPoint
Once you have created or opened a presentation in PowerPoint, you can start adding content to your slides. To add content to a slide, follow these steps:
- Select the slide you want to add content to.
- Click on the “Home” tab in the ribbon.
- Choose the type of content you want to add, such as text, images, charts, or tables.
- Enter or insert the content into the slide.
- Repeat this process for each slide in your presentation.
Saving Your Presentation in PowerPoint
When you are finished adding content to your presentation, you need to save it. To save your presentation in PowerPoint, follow these steps:
- Click on the “File” menu.
- Select “Save As” from the list of options.
- Choose the location where you want to save the presentation.
- Enter a name for the presentation.
- Click on “Save.”
Creating and opening presentations in PowerPoint is a straightforward process that can be easily completed by anyone. By following the steps outlined in the article, you can create professional-looking presentations in no time.
Whether you are creating a presentation for work or for personal use, PowerPoint is a powerful tool that can help you achieve your goals.
Thank you for reading.