In this tutorial, I will teach how to create a database in the SQL Server Management Studio Express (SSMSE) 2005. SSMSE has a visual appearance to lessen the difficulty and simplifies the database management.
You need to install the following:
SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
SQL Server 2005 Management Studio Express Edition
- Open the Microsoft SQL Management Studio Express. For the authentication, choose Windows Authentication and hit the connect button.
- Right click the folder named “database” and hit “New database” to create a new database.
- A “New Database” window will appear. Put a database name according to your desire and then hit “ok” button.
- The database that you have created will appear in the object explorer under the “database” folder.
- In creating a table, select the database that you have created. After that, right click the folder named table then, hit “New Table“.
- Then, this will be the appearance as shown below.
- Create a column and change the table name according to your desire.
- Right click the column(ID) and hit “primary key” with a key symbol to set a primary key.
- Finally, set the autoincrement of your primary key.