List of Arduino Projects for Beginners 2020
This Arduino project for beginners can be a good source of ideas about the basic of Arduino projects. It is helpful for those engineering or computer science students who are looking for the best Arduino projects for their final year.
For Computer Science Student, the number 1 question in mind is “What would be the Best Project Topics for Computer Science Student?”.
This Arduino projects can be done for the following purposes:
- for kids
- projects for home automation
- projects photography
- ham radio
- Projects touch screen
- remote control car
- Science Fair
- projects for engineers
- for School
- projects quadcopter
- projects for disabled
- for deaf
- projects for computer science
- for computer engineering students
All these projects in Arduino can be made using different sensors and modules. I have here the listing of all known sensors and modules.
List of Arduino Sensors and Modules
1. 5V 2-Channel Relay Module
A 2 Channel 5V Relay Module. It allows you to control various appliances that operate at high voltages, with low voltages like 5V. It can be controlled directly by any microcontroller.
2. Accelerometer Module
This module measures acceleration. It’s commonly used in portable devices and video game controllers to detect movement and actions from the player.
3. Breadboard Power Supply Module 3.3V 5V
A module to power your breadboard. It supplies both 3.3V and 5V. This is especially useful to power up your breadboard circuits from an external power supply.
4. DHT11 Temperature and Humidity Sensor
This sensor used to measure temperature and humidity in your room or outside. It integrates seamlessly with the Arduino.
5. Digital Barometric Pressure Sensor Board
This module uses to measure the absolute pressure of the environment. By converting the pressure measured into altitude, you have a reliable sensor for determining the height of your robot or projectile, for example. This sensor also measures temperature and humidity.
6. Digital Thermal Sensor Module Temperature Sensor Module
The thermal sensor module is susceptible to the ambient temperature, generally used to detect the ambient temperature. Through the adjustment of the potentiometer, you can change the temperature detection threshold.
7.ESP8266 WiFi Module
This module can send emails, host a web server, control LEDs, etc.
8. HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Module
The HC-SR04 ultrasonic sensor uses sonar to determine the distance to an object like bats do. It offers excellent non-contact range detection with high accuracy and stable readings in an easy-to-use package.
9. HC-SR501 Pyroelectric Infrared Sensor Module
A PIR sensor is a little module that allows you to detect movement from humans or pets. It’s easy to integrate with your microcontroller.
10. Humidity and Rain Detection Sensor Module
This is a rain sensor can be used for all kinds of weather monitoring.
11. IR Infrared Flame Detection Sensor Module
Flame detection sensor module is sensitive to the flame but also can detect ordinary light. This is usually used as a flame alarm. This sensor detects a fire or a view from a source of a wavelength in the range of 760nm to 1100 nm. Detection point of about 60 degrees, particularly sensitive to the flame spectrum.
12. IR Infrared Obstacle Avoidance Sensor Module
This module is straightforward to use and is often used in robots to detect objects near the sensor. These sensors have a digital output pin that outputs a signal when it detects an object. When the module detects an obstacle, the green indicator light on the board lights up. The module detects the distance 2 ~ 30cm, detection angle 35 °.
13. Microphone Sensor
This sensor is used for sound detection. This module has two outputs: AO (analog output), or DO (digital output). The digital output sends a high signal when the sound intensity reaches a certain threshold. The threshold-sensitivity can be adjusted via potentiometer on the sensor.
14. MQ-2Gas Sensor Module Smoke Methane Butane Detection
This sensor module utilizes an MQ-2 as the sensitive component and has a protection resistor and an adjustable resistor on board. The MQ-2 gas sensor is sensitive to LPG, i-butane, propane, methane, alcohol, Hydrogen, and smoke. It could be used in gas leakage detecting equipment in family and industry. The resistance of the sensitive component changes as the concentration of the target gas changes.
15. Passive Buzzer Module
A simple, sound-making module. You set high or low to drive this module. By changing the frequency, you’ll hear a different sound.
16. Photoresistor Sensor Module Light Detection Light
A module used for light detection with an Arduino.
17. RF 433MHz Transmitter/Receiver
If you need data sent from one microcontroller to another, the 433MHz link modules are a cheap way to do that (all data is sent via Radio Frequency).
18. Rotary Encoder Module Brick Sensor Development Board
When you rotate the rotary encoder, it counts in the positive direction and the reverse direction. Rotation counts are not limited. With the buttons on the rotary encoder, you can reset to its initial state and start counting from 0.
19. Soil Hygrometer Detection Module Soil Moisture Sensor
This is a simple water sensor that can be used to detect soil moisture. It outputs a high signal when the moisture is above a certain threshold. You can also read an analog signal whose value is proportional to the moisture level. Use this sensor to create an automatic self-watering plant.
20. Speed Sensor Module
The tachometer is a simple module that allows you to test the speed of the motor. Widely used for motor speed detection, pulse count, position limit, and so on.
21. SW-420 Motion Sensor Module Vibration Switch Alarm
This module can be used to trigger the effect of various vibration, theft alarm, intelligent car, earthquake alarm, motorcycle alarm, etc.
To have an Arduino Sensors and Modules kit
There are lots of sensors and modules available in the market.
Instead of buying each module individually, you can purchase a Starter kit that includes a selection of the most common and useful electronic sensors and modules.
With this starter kit, you will learn a lot to build several creative projects. It also includes Arduino project tutorials and beginner’s guide with code.
Here are the Latest Arduino Projects for Beginners 2019
Best Arduino Projects for Beginners 2020
- Automatic School Gate Opener using RFID Reader
- Home Appliances Controller using Arduino
- Flood Alarm System with SMS using Arduino
- Arduino Based Vehicle Parking Counter with Web-Based Console
- Door Opener using Fingerprint with SMS
- GSM Based Home Security Alarm System Using Arduino
- Door Lock using Magnetic Stripe Reader with Fingerprint Scanner
- Gas Leakage Detector with GSM Module for SMS Alert and Sound Alarm
- Arduino Based Home Automation
- Light Control System using Arduino with Mobile Support
- Arduino Night Security Alarm With PIR Sensor
- Arduino Based Electrical Appliances Control using IR
- Automatic Water Tank on and off System using Arduino
- Motion Detector using Arduino with SMS Notification
- Home appliances controlled by android phone using Arduino
- Automatic Plant Irrigation and Monitoring System
- Door opener using RFID with SMS
- Arduino Based Digital Temperature Sensor
- Fire alarm System using Arduino with SMS
- Smoke Detector Project with SMS using MQ-2 Gas Sensor
- Android Based Water Level Controller
- Coin Operated Car Wash System with Income Collection Report
- Arduino Based Distance Sensor
- Air Quality Monitoring System on Arduino Microcontroller
- Arduino Based Mosquito Repellant System
- Arduino Based Traffic Lights Control System with Android App
- SMS Based Electronic Bulletin Board using Arduino
- Android Based IQ Test App with Score Monitoring
- Android Based Geographic Information System about Disaster Prone Location
- IoT (internet of things): Smart Store using Arduino microcontroller
If you have any questions or suggestions about this latest Arduino projects for beginners, please leave a comment below.
You can refer to my previous article about the list of Best Thesis Title proposal for IT students and Best project Topics for Computer Science Students to get examples for your Arduino project ideas.