A E-Commerce Website using Django is based on a basic shopping cart where client can purchase all the items and perform a checkout for their order.
This ecommerce Website has utilizes information base to store all the items in the database. This system has an Django admin and the admin can manage user, manage product model, manage categories and manage customers order.
To start creating a E-Commerce Website using Django web framework, makes sure that you have PyCharm Professional IDE Installed in your computer.
This E-Commerce Website using Django also includes a Download the open Source Code for free, just find the downloadable source code below and click download now.
|About Project||Project Details|
|Project Name||E-Commerce Website using Django|
|Python version (Recommended)||3.8 Version|
|Programming Language Used||Python Django Language|
|IDE Tool (Recommended)||Sublime, Visual Studio, PyCharm|
|Project Type||Web Application|
E-Commerce Website using Django with Source Code Features for Admin Side
- Dashboard – For the admin dashboard, you will be able to all the basic access in the whole system. Such as products, orders, users and categories.
- Manage Products – The admin has access to the product management information system. He can add, update and delete the product.
- Manage Orders – As the main functions of the admin, the admin can see if the order is already paid or not from the customers on a case to case basis.
- Manage Categories – For the categories, the admin has the features of managing the category. The example category used in this system is Snacks, Fruits, and Vegetables.
- Manage Users – The admin can manage the user’s account. Admin can add, update and delete users in the system.
- Login and Logout – By default one of the security features of this system is the secure login and logout system.
Basically, the frontend side of the system refers to the main website of the whole system.
The frontend of this E-Commerce Website using Django has these basic features of the website.
- Home Page – On the home page, you can see directly the list of products for sale and you can filter the result based according to category.
- Viewing Products – by default on the frontend, the customer can automatically view all the products.
- Checkout Order – The customer can checkout order in the frontend that can confirmed by the admin in the backend.
- Customers Profile – In the frontend, the customer can register their profile. In short, this system has a customer management system feature.
- Add to Cart– One of the features of this system is that, wherein the customer can temporarily add their order in the add to cart.
How to create ecommerce website in Django?
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Here are the steps on how to create ecommerce website Django
- Step 1: Open file.
First , open “pycharm professional” after that click “file” and click “new project“.
- Step 2: Choose Django.
Second, after click “new project“, choose “Django” and click.
- Step 3: Select file location.
Third, select a file location wherever you want.
- Step 4: Create application name.
Fourth, name your application.
- Step 5: Click create.
Fifth, finish creating project by clicking “create” button.
- Step 6: Start Coding.
In this final step, we will now start adding functionality to our Django Framework by adding some functional codes.
Downloadable Source Code Below.
Anyway, if you want to level up your programming knowledge, especially python, try this new article I’ve made for you Best Python Projects with source code for Beginners. But If you’re going to focus on web development using Django, you can download here from our list of Best Django Projects with source code based on real-world projects.
How to run the ecommerce in Django?
Step 1: Extract/unzip the file
Step 2: Go inside the project folder, open cmd and type the following commands to install Django Framework and run the webserver:
• pip install Django Pillow
• python manage.py runserver
Step 3: Finally, open the browser and go to http://127.0.0.1:8000/
For admin panel:
- Username and Password: admin
In summary, this 2020 ecommerce Website in Django can be useful to students or professional who wants to learn python programming language. This project can also be modified to fit your personal requirements. Hope this project will help you to improve your skills. Happy Coding!
If you have any questions or suggestions about Django ecommerce, please feel free to leave a comment below.