This tutorial will teach you on how to load a data from a single column of MySQL to ComboBox object in your form. Loading a data to Textfield is different in loading a data to ComboBox. The process is the same but the code is different. Please follow all the steps to complete this tutorial.
Loading data from MySQL to ComboBox Steps
- Add a “ComboBox” item from your toolbox. It should look like the image below.
2. DoubleClick your form to generate a “form load event”. If already generated, you can access directly the load event code statement. It should look like the codes below.
- Private Sub LoadComboBox_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
- End Sub
3. Insert the following codes below for loading data from MySQL to your ComboBox.
- Str = "select * from TableName"
- Dim da As New MySqlDataAdapter(Str, conn)
- Dim dt As New DataTable("TableName")
- If dt.Rows.Count > 0 Then
- ComboBox1.DataSource = dt
- ComboBox1.DisplayMember = "Address"
- ComboBox1.ValueMember = ""
- End If
- Catch ex As Exception
- End Try
TableName – The table you want to load from MySQL
ComboBox1 – The name of your ComboBox
Address – Column name you want to load in ComboBox
Load MySQL Data Combobox Using VB.Net
IF you have any questions or suggestion about Load MySQL Data Combobox Using VB.Net. feel free to leave your comment below, use the contact page of this website or use my contact information.
Email: [email protected] | Cell. No.: 09468362375