Basic Calculator using Visual Basic.Net
This tutorial will teach you how to create a basic calculator using the four operations of Mathematics in Visual Basic.Net. The following math operations are the common features in all program algorithm. Please follow step by step to complete this tutorial.
Basic Calculator using Visual Basic.Net Steps
1. Insert windows form in your project and add the following object from your toolbox. 4 CheckBox, 3 Textbox, 1 Button. The form should look like the image below.
2. Double click your button to generate “private event button click” and insert the codes below. Remember that you need to rename all the elements of your form for fast coding.
- If CheckBox1.Checked = True Then
- ElseIf CheckBox2.Checked = True Then
- ElseIf CheckBox3.Checked = True Then
- ElseIf CheckBox4.Checked = True Then
- MsgBox("No operation selected!", MsgBoxStyle.Exclamation)
- End If
The code uses “if statement” with Boolean condition. CheckBox1 for Addition, CheckBox2 for Subtraction, CheckBox3 for Division, and CheckBox4 for Multiplication. If no operation selected, the program display the “No operation selected!” error message.
3. Your final output.
No operation selected
With complete Value
For more information, feel free to leave your comment below, use the contact page of this website or use my contact information.
Email: email@example.com | Cell. No.: 09468362375