This Visual Basic Tutorial is all about Class.
What is a class? A Class is a group of object that defines its functionality as a set of properties and the methods that will respond to. And it is also a container of your data and code. Wherein you can limit the data that you’re accessing. In Object-Oriented Programming(OOP), classes, methods, and properties help you create a complete application.
This is the example of how to use a class in the application.
- Open the Visual Basic, select “File” on the menu, hit new and create a new project.
- The New Project dialog will appear.
Select “windows” in the project types, hit the “windows form application” in the templates and hit “ok“.
- Go to the solution explorer. Right click the application, click add and select a class
- The add new Item dialog will appear and do the process like what is shown below.
- Design the form just like shown below.
- Select Lines(class) and add this following code:
Private lenLines As String
Property Lines() As String
Set(ByVal Value As String)
lenLines = Value
ReadOnly Property Length() As Integer
- Go to the form design and double-click a button to fire the click event handler of it. Add this following code in the method.
Dim oLine As Lines
oLine = New Lines()
oLine.Lines = txtlines.Text
txtlen.Text = oLine.Length.ToString()