The FTP servers are used in order to upload and download files. FTPs are commonly used in academic, business and to those who are interested in computer because it allows a lot of people to access a shared multiple files.
In Visual Basic you can upload files using FTP servers.
Here’s the example on how to upload file using an FTP:
- Open the Visual Basic, select “File” on the menu, hit new and create a new project.
- The New Project dialog will appear.
Select “windows” in the project types, hit the “windows form application” in the templates and hit “ok“.
- Design the form this way. See it Below.
- Set your imports.
- Imports System.Net.Mail
- Double click the button and add the following code.
- Dim req As System.Net.FtpWebRequest = DirectCast(System.Net.WebRequest.Create("Root folder on your site"), System.Net.FtpWebRequest)
- req.Credentials = New System.Net.NetworkCredential("email", "password")
- req.Method = System.Net.WebRequestMethods.Ftp.UploadFileDim file() As Byte = System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes("Your root folder in the computer")
- Dim str As System.IO.Stream = req.GetRequestStream()
- str.Write(file, 0, file.Length)