This Visual Basic tutorial is all about FTP Upload.
The FTP servers are used in order to upload and download files. FTPs are commonly used in academic, business and to those who are interested in computer because it allows a lot of people to access a shared multiple files.
In Visual Basic you can upload files using FTP servers.
Here’s the example on how to upload file using an FTP:
- Open the Visual Basic, select “File” on the menu, hit new and create a new project.
- The New Project dialog will appear.
Select “windows” in the project types, hit the “windows form application” in the templates and hit “ok“.
- Design the form this way. See it Below.
- Set your imports.
- Imports System.Net.Mail
- Double click the button and add the following code.
- Dim req As System.Net.FtpWebRequest = DirectCast(System.Net.WebRequest.Create("Root folder on your site"), System.Net.FtpWebRequest)req.Credentials = New System.Net.NetworkCredential("email", "password")
- req.Method = System.Net.WebRequestMethods.Ftp.UploadFileDim file() As Byte = System.IO.File.ReadAllBytes("Your root folder in the computer")
- Dim str As System.IO.Stream = req.GetRequestStream()
- str.Write(file, 0, file.Length)
Readers might read also: