AutoCompleteCustomSource Property Textbox in VB.Net
AutoCompleteCustomSource Property Textbox in VB.Net.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to use the AutoCompleteCustomSource Property Textbox in VB.Net.
AutoCompleteCustomSource Property is a collection type property where you can store data from it and can easily be called from your textbox object. It serves as a suggestion or a guide of words where it depends on the user’s typed characters.
First, let’s create a Visual Basic project and drag a textbox object. Here’s the sample design:
Next, we go to the textbox property and modify its property for us to use the AutoCompleteCustomSource property.
Steps in Achieving the Tutorial
Follow these steps carefully:
- Set AutoCompleteMode to “Suggest” – this will let your textbox suggest words from the typed text of the user.
- Set AutoCompleteSource to “CustomSource” – this will let your textbox know where to get its auto complete source.
- Next, we are going to put string values to our AutoCompleteCustomSource. Let’s add this following values:
or you can refer to this sample image:
Let’s run our system. First, type letter A and see the results. Here’s my sample results:
Notice that when you typed letter A, the textbox automatically suggest string values based on your stored strings in the AutoCompleteCustomSource.
Now, erase the letter A and type letter B. Your expected results should be like this:
You can see that it suggests string values based from your stored strings that starts with letter B.
For questions or any other concerns or thesis/capstone creation with documentation, you can contact me through the following:
E-Mail: [email protected]
Contact No.: +639771069640
Ian Hero L. Lavapiez
System Analyst and Developer
Related topic(s) that you may like:
- Select Multiple Columns from Multiple Tables in mySQL using VB.Net
- How to use DISTINCT Keyword in mySQL using VB.Net